Thread: Brand New Install, "data is stale"

Default Brand New Install, "data is stale"

I just installed Zimbra on a brand new server, and when I log on to the admin console I see "(data is stale)" next to all of the services. I searched the forum but only found posts referencing this as an error during upgrade or migration.

Considering I haven't upgraded or migrated anything - and I won't be migrating my current system, I'm just going to start from scratch - I don't see how this would play a role in me seeing this message.

P.S. The notify Zimbra link is broken. I confirmed this by trying to go to the notify URL in my browser and got a 404.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

the data is stale message is calculated by looking at the difference between your client and the timestamp on the data from the server, i think. if the date/time between your client and your server is larger than a minute or two you will get this message.

the other reason for getting this message is if for some reason the install doesn't activate the cron entries that run the stats/status. if you look in /var/log/zimbra.log you should see status entries every couple of minutes.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

ps - the notify link has been broken for weeks - bizarrely it looks like zimbra has given up tracking numbers of installs.