OK, was making notes as I went - got everything up and running except mta (which is a little important for a mail server I figure)
I have Three XServes (2.0GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD, 10.4.5)
1. Installed OSX Server 10.4.2 from installation DVD on each XServe.
2. Entered user information and IP address in basic startup configuration.
3. Ran Software Update. Installed OS, security, and Java updates only.
4. Set current java version to 1.5.0 on each server.
rm -R CurrentJDK
ln -s 1.5.0 CurrentJDK
5. Downloaded and installed Zimbra Open Source Edition 3.01 for OS X on ldap.domain.com. Custom installation- ldap and snmp only.
6. Opened terminal. Edited ldaps:// from /opt/zimbra/bin/ldap. Removed last four lines from /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf.
7. Ran /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl. Entered ldap password in number 4. Applied settings.
8. Ran zmcontrol status as zimbra user. Verified LDAP and SNMP running.
9. Installed Zimbra.dmg on mta.domain.com. Custom installation- mta and snmp only.
10. Ran /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl. Entered ldap server name in 2, ldap password in number 4. Entered mail.rcps.info in 5/2. Applied settings. Very long wait at “Starting Servers...” but finally “Done.”
11. Ran su - zimbra and then zmcontrol status to verify services - antivirus running, antispam running, mta stopped(!!), snmp running. Will attempt to finish installation and then configure mta again, maybe the mail.rcps.info as MTA Auth Host stopped the server from starting.
12. Installed zimbra.dmg on mail.domain.com. Custom installation- mailstore, spell, snmp, logger.
13. Ran /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl. Entered ldap server name in 2, ldap password in number 4. Entered admin password in 5/4, mta.domain.com in 5/5. Applied changes.
14. Ran zmcontrol status as zimbra user. logger,mailbox, snmp, and spell all running.
15. Back to mta.domain.com. Ran zmmtactl start as zimbra user. Everything looks good until:
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/zimbra/openlda-2.2.28/lib/libldap-2.2.7.dylib
Referenced from: /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.5/sbin/postlog
Reason: image not found
/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.5/conf/postfix-script: line 283: 3744 Trace/BPT trap
$FATAL the Postfix mail system is already running
saslauthd :set_auth_mech : failed to initialize mechanism zimbra
What to try now?
Thanks in advance for the help.