Thread: How to move the webmail path

Default How to move the webmail path

Hi All

I've install ZCS on ubuntu 8.04 server, worked flawlessly in one go. Added users and mailboxes, it all works, this thing is great.
    Got a question about where the webmail is shown. When I surf to www-hostname-be it shows the ZCS homepage where my coworkers can log into their webmail.
    This is a bit anoying since www-hostname-be should show the homepage of our company.

So the question is,.. how can I move the ZCS start page from www-hostname-be to www-hostname-be/webmail ?
    Also,.. since ZCS is in control of alot on the server, .. how difficult is it to get our static html pages to appear on www-hostname-be ?

THanks in advance !
    Last edited by drbytes; 09-22-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Welcome to the forums!

While it is possible to have both Zimbra and another web server on the same server, it's not necessarily recommended. It involves port changes, and there may be ways to do what you're looking for using Apache redirection, but it might be a bit complicated.

Zimbra's 'web server' portion is not a standard web server, and shouldn't be used (probably can't be?) for your regular website. It has been customized to only be used for Zimbra.

I would recommend that you use a separate system for your web services, and give the Zimbra server its own server name, such as mail.hostname.be

So I created mail.domain.com/ and told the staff to go to http://mail.domain.com
    Because that domain was hard to remember, I put a little email icon on the front webpage where staff could click on it to get to the zimbra login page. The icon was small enough and out of the way that customers wouldn't know what to do with it.

Unhappy ah,....

Has anybody ever done this before? Wasn't aware that ZCS would highjack the whole machine,.. I was under the impression it would run as a web application in apache.

thanks in advance

regards

yves

found something :
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...e_using_mod_jk

Will try this later and let you guys know what the outcome was
    Looks promising!