Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac Mini Intel - Fails to "upgrade"?

Default Mac Mini Intel - Fails to "upgrade"?

Hello,

Read the good news for the intel version for Mac, and quickly downloaded. Installed fine, saved the log for reference, if needed.

The setup failed with these errors -

mini02:/opt/zimbra/libexec root# ./zmsetup.pl
    Checking java version...1.5 found
    Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.1376
    Setting defaults...Setting defaults from existing config...Warning: null valued key 'mysql_logger_root_password'
    Done
    Upgrading from to 3.1.0_GA_260
    Sat Mar 25 00:00:21 2006: Stopping zimbra services
    Sat Mar 25 00:00:24 2006: Stop failed - exiting
    UPGRADE FAILED - exiting
    mini02:/opt/zimbra/libexec root#

Thoughts?

This was a new install right? So you started off with a clean system? Might want to try to uninstall and run the installer again just to see if you get the same problem. If so post the entire log here as an attachment.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Well, (inset sheepish grin), I did try to install the non intel version. Then read the docs.

If I need to make a trip to the datacenter, and wipe the mini clean, I will. However, I have tried to remove any and all traces of the install attempt.

I tried to re-install a number of times, 3+. I also tried to un-install by removing the directory and then searching around for any trace of zimbra**.

Which log shall I post, the install log? Lemme log into the mini...

Install log should help.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Reinstall OS Solved "upgrade" issue

Hello All,

I made it to the datacenter, and wiped the intel mini. This allowed me to do a fresh Zimbra load. Worked flawless, and is up and running as we speak.

Thanks Zimbra team, I can only guess you spent many hours working on the build, and I appreciate it.

Eddy

P.S. I'll look for the install log of previous, however I think I wiped it with the install. Guess I shoud not have gone wine tasting before the datacenter.

Default How well does it run on the mini?

I am looking to start a new database system with my environmental consulting firm (10 people). I am looking to have a database that contains project data, client data, some billing date, etc.

I am looking to have a gui front-end based on php, etc. (not sure yet...suggestions?). I was looking at SugarCRM, but I really like the shared calendars and e-mail that Zimbra appears to offer.

Can Zimbra work on the new intel Mac mini? If so, how does it run? How many connections can it handle at a time?

Does Zimbra allow all e-mails (to any and all employees) be separated into personal and business so that the business e-mails are sorted by project number and/or client?

I know this is nebulous, but I am trying to plan which software I am going to use...I am thinking Zimbra, alfresco, and others...

Anyone have ANY comments and/or suggestions?

Thanks,

Counsel

Default What I do

Howdy,
    I use Joomla + Zimbra + PhP iCalendar

Joomla is a full featured CMS not CRM. I think SugarCRM is a good one.

with the phpical, all you have to do, is as administrator grab the ical file from the user who owns the calendar and put it in the phpical folder. It automatically updates it.

just my 2 cents.

Intel Mac Mini runs great! Very pleased. Fast and the footprint is awesome.

Default options

I am looking for more than CMS (like joomla or drupal). I need a database backend so that I can see, edit, delete, create, etc. projects, client files, etc. I was thinking this could be done quite easily with MySQL and DaDaBIK (Anyone???).

Similarly, I need to be able to browse the file server to create, edit, etc. files (openoffice 2.0 is our choice) or to access other files (.dwg, pdf, etc.). Anyone have ideas besides Alfresco (or would you recommend Alfresco--comments welcomed)?

As for the e-mail and calendaring, Zimbra looks nice, but I wonder:

1. Can I save e-mails (regardless of whom the recipient/sender is) to a project or associate them with a project in my database? Has anyone done this?

2. How easy is it to integrate Zimbra with other software (such as SUGAR, Joomla, DaDaBIK, etc.) to implement a full-featured database-driven business solution for a small (environmental) consulting firm? I don't want to track sales leads. Rather, I want to track projects, work requests, and project/client data.

3. I assume, from your post, that the Mac Mini (intel) runs Zimbra just fine. Do you have the 1.5 GH or 1.6 GH model? Some ideas on which mini to get would be appreciated.

C
    Last edited by Counsel; 04-01-2006 at 08:51 AM.

Mac Mini Intel Single core, slowest, with only 512mb. I can only afford one mini a month right now. So I have to buy the cheapest one. Load is moderate at about .24% with about 28 mb ram available with the gui, top, and a activitiy monitor running. So give back about 10 gb of ram.

So someone has SugarCRM running alongside Zinbra? Please share the steps taken. I'm want to try this when I get my next mini. =)