I've been trying to do this using the Network Edition Disaster Recovery wiki instructions, but keep running into problems.
Basically, I want a test server that
- has a different hostname, mail domain name and ip address
- has the same configuration as the production system
- has the same Class of Service objects as the production system
- has the same users (and user preferences) as the production system
- DOES NOT interfere in any way with the production system
- DOES NOT have any users's data (email, calendars, address books)
Best as I can figure, I need to initially build my test VM as if I was going to actually replace the production server, do a disaster recovery (zmrestoreoffline -sys -br), and rename the Zimbra server & mail domain.
Does this sound right, or is there an easier way?