Thread: fc8 installation by source

Default fc8 installation by source

I'm having some trouble installing Franklin by source on FC8. It fails to build the cyrus package. For some reason it can't find the curl header or lib files, but curl installed with no problem. I'm thinking it has something to do with the curl.h but I'm not sure how to point to it.

Here is the error I receive after compiling:

mv -f .deps/zmurl.Tpo .deps/zmurl.Po
    gcc -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -I/opt/zimbra/libxml2/include/libxml2 -L/opt/zimbra/openssl-0.9.8g/lib -L/opt/zimbra/heimdal-1.2/lib -L/opt/zimbra/libxml2-2.6.32/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm -o saslauthd mechanisms.o auth_dce.o auth_getpwent.o auth_krb5.o auth_krb4.o auth_pam.o auth_rimap.o auth_httpform.o auth_shadow.o auth_sia.o auth_sasldb.o lak.o auth_ldap.o cache.o cfile.o krbtf.o utils.o ipc_unix.o ipc_doors.o saslauthd-main.o md5.o auth_zimbra.o zmpost.o zmauth.o zmurl.o -L/opt/zimbra/heimdal-1.2/lib -lgssapi -lkrb5 -lasn1 -lroken -lcrypt -lcrypto -lcom_err -lresolv -lcrypt -lresolv -lpam -lresolv -lresolv /opt/zimbra/libxml2/lib/libxml2.a
    zmpost.o: In function `zmpost':
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:34: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:45: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:46: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:47: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:48: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:49: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    zmpost.o:/usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:50: more undefined references to `curl_easy_setopt' follow
    zmpost.o: In function `zmpost':
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:73: undefined reference to `curl_slist_append'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:74: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:86: undefined reference to `curl_easy_perform'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:88: undefined reference to `curl_slist_free_all'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:106: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:61: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:62: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
    /usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd/zmpost.c:112: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [saslauthd] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd'
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z/saslauthd'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/zimbra/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/build/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.3z'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Default problem fixed by myself

I figured out the problem. The compilation of curl didn't add the /bin or /lib directories in /opt/zimbra/curl.x.version... Then the make file for cyrus-sasl was trying to point to these libraries and couldn't locate them. I simply added these manually and it worked fine. This should be fixed in the Make files...

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

that means your curl compile failed

I got the same error message in cyrus-sasl, but curl was said built successfully.

*** Building in curl SUCCEEDED.
    *** Building in cyrus-sasl FAILED.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

make sure /opt/zimbra/curl-* is actually populated with bin/ lib/ etc, often the compile fails without much fatal warning and you end up with just a few files in the targe directory, then it's dependencies then fail.