Thread: messages marked as spam not training filter?

Hybrid View

Default messages marked as spam not training filter?

I have a new OSS install of Zimbra and for the most part everything is working great! I do however believe there may be some issues with the spam handling. For one, I am not finding much information about an "invisible" filter that moves messages tagged as spam into the Junk folder. I know I can create add a subject tag and a filter to move messages based on that tag OR the header if a messages is deemed spam but that seems bulky. I have messages that are showing up in the inbox with headers clearly showing the sa score has exceeded the 24% or 4.8 score and has a "X-Spam-Flag: YES" line. Why aren't these messages automatically being filtered to the junk folder? What can I check/do to provide more information if it is needed to figure this out?

Second, and probably more complicated?? is that when I view messages for my spam user there are no messages showing up. I am assuming any messages moved to the 'Junk' folder via the Web UI, IMAP, or marked and moved by clicking the 'Junk' button should show up here? If I am wrong, how do I test to see if this system of training the sa bayesian filter is working? If I am assuming correctly, how can I troubleshoot this?

One note that is probably very important for this issue is that I did rename the server at one point and it's possible pointers for the spam accounts are wrong? I'm just not sure how to verify this.

Ok, I tailed my zimbra.log and found that when I junk a message, Zimbra attempts to send to the spam user, but the user doesn't exist. The pointer is pointing to the old domain. I added that domain, changed the user's domain to the correct domain and saved. Now the log shows the message being sent to the correct spam account.

Do all the messages being forwarded to the spam account show up as 'MAILER-DAEMON@domain.com' in the spam user's inbox?

Is there a way to further verify that the training is working now?