Thread: Successful 5.0.11 upgrade but clam needs refreshing

Default Successful 5.0.11 upgrade but clam needs refreshing

Hey all,

I did a mostly-successful upgrade from 5.0.8 to 5.0.11 on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS last night, but noticed two hiccups when I restarted the server at the end of it all. One, logger and SNMP showed not started on the status window, and two, when I went to zmcontrol status, in addition to these two services, ClamAV was down with the usual "Don't Panic!" message for outdated databases. Not exactly sure why these were outdated the moment of installing a new version, but c'est la vie. . .

Anyhow, repaired the Clam problem using the ClamAV - Reset Defs DB - Zimbra :: Wiki wiki article, and when I re-started the whole Zimbra package everything (including logger and SNMP) came up swimmingly.

If this experience mirrors anybody else's, we may need to file a bug. On the other hand, if it's just me we'll chalk it up to my good luck. . .
    Cheers,

Dan

I think good luck not had a any issues with 5.0.11 upgrade. Yes ClamAV is already out of date, so I followed ClamAV - Updating Version - Zimbra :: Wiki and not update it independently.

For those who notice that uxbod and I refer to different wikis, be sure and look at both of them. IMHO ClamAV - Reset Defs DB - Zimbra :: Wiki is easier to use than ClamAV - Updating Version - Zimbra :: Wiki for the simple reason that the former can be done straight from the CLI without having to manually download and build the new clamAV. I'm one of the devotees of "the fewer steps, the less likely I'll screw it up" school of thought. . .
    Cheers,

Dan

Indeed that is true, but ClamAV is developing at a faster rate than the ZCS release cycle, and quite a few enhancements has been included in the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Indeed that is true, but ClamAV is developing at a faster rate than the ZCS release cycle, and quite a few enhancements has been included in the latest version.
    Which is why we really should have this bug Bug 15137 – Breakout RPM packages for ClamAV, SpamAssassin and Others to allow out of cycle updates get lots of votes from people who care!
    Cheers,

Dan

My vote is already on that one