Thread: logmysql.server is not running

Default logmysql.server is not running

Hello,

I installed Zimbra on test machine and it was working well, I just prepared a new machine in order to be the production server, I follow those links:
    Moving ZCS to New Server - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Open Source Edition Backup Procedure - Zimbra :: Wiki

finally when I tried to start the server I got:
    Code:
    zimbra@mail:~$ zmcontrol status
            antispam                Running
            antivirus               Running
            ldap                    Running
            logger                  Stopped
                    logmysql.server is not running
            mailbox                 Stopped
                    mysql.server is not running.
            mta                     Running
            snmp                    Running
            spell                   Running
            stats                   Stopped
    If we execute logmysql as zimbra user, we get:

Code:
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/zimbra/logger/db/mysql.sock' (2)
    The error in /opt/zimbra/log/logger_mysql_error is:
    Code:
    Warning: World-writable config file '/opt/zimbra/conf/my.logger.cnf' is ignored
    Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/zimbra/mysql-standard-5.0.51a-pc-linux-gnu-i686-glibc23/var
    081223 17:10:00  mysqld started
    081223 17:10:00 [Warning] Can't create test file /opt/zimbra/mysql-standard-5.0.51a-pc-linux-gnu-i686-glibc23/var/mail.lower-test
    081223 17:10:00 [Warning] Can't create test file /opt/zimbra/mysql-standard-5.0.51a-pc-linux-gnu-i686-glibc23/var/mail.lower-test
    ^G/opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Can't change dir to '/opt/zimbra/mysql-standard-5.0.51a-pc-linux-gnu-i686-glibc23/var/' (Errcode: 2)
    081223 17:10:00 [ERROR] Aborting

081223 17:10:00 [Note] /opt/zimbra/logger/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete

STOPPING server from pid file /opt/zimbra/mysql-standard-5.0.51a-pc-linux-gnu-i686-glibc23/var/mail.mydomain.com.pid
    081223 17:10:00  mysqld ended
    081223 17:10:00  mysqld ended
    No output for the file /opt/zimbra/log/zmmyinit.log.

Also, I tried to access Zimbra Administration Console through HTTP, but it doesn't works.
    Can someone please help?

Cheers,

Default change the root username and password

Hello,

After I changed the server the login username and password of ubuntu have been changed also, I'm trying to restore the zimbra from the old one which has a different username password.

The Zimbra doesn't work in the new server, is the root username and password are critical and related to the, although I'm not able to start the logger

please visit this link:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...t-running.html

Any help please?

Cheers,

Might be a good idea to be a bit more specific regarding your "change" of server.

What all did you do to the server ?

If hostname change, did you make the correct changes in your hosts file ?

Its kinda hard to help you, with not knowing what all you changed.. oh.. and you may want to change your TITLE to something a bit more specific.. i.e. Zimbra not running after server changes... Change root logon and password is not what your looking to do, and it will not help guide the right help you need.

Hello,

Thank you for your advice,

I already posted my issue here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...t-running.html but still no answer.

as I said I prepared a new server "same Ubuntu version, hosts, hostname, and resold.cong" but the different between both is the login username and password of Ubuntu.

I made backup from the old server through the rsync command Open Source Edition Backup Procedure - Zimbra :: Wiki and restore it into the new server, all the service was worked except the loger and mailbox.

I hope the above info are enough to clarify my matter.

Cheers,

Hi, I've merged your two threads together to help avoid any confusion, please let me know if you think this is incorrect.

From the log file shown above, the mysql instance seems to be incorrectly configured, now this shouldnt have been caused by the ubuntu login account as everything in Zimbra runs as the zimbra user, the server will start without you even logging in, so the user account should make no difference. The user and group ID of the zimbra user on the new and old server should be the same though, that can cause problems.

I would suggest starting again, install a blank instance on the new server and start it, make sure it all works and then copy the /opt/zimbra folder onthe new server to /opt/zimbra-empty so you have a good start point. The try your restore again, following the wiki carefully; post back with the result.

Hello,

Thank you dirk for your info, I would like to inform you that the informations that are in the wiki was now completed, there are more than 10 steps to do the clone.

I had been this task before 2 days and it was finished at the same day.

Cheers,