Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fc4 zcs-3.0.1 -> 3.1 upgrade worked great.. almost

Default fc4 zcs-3.0.1 -> 3.1 upgrade worked great.. almost

Hi. I read some posts, didn't see anything scary so I ran the upgrade on my mail server -> it took a long time to upgrade everything but it seemed to work without any errors, just long pauses as it imported my saved configuration.

But..the key feature I was after in the upgrade - mail queue management doesn't work. When I click on "Mail Queues" : get an error msg pop-up with this message:

Message: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: mx1.example.com->zimbra@mx1.example.com:22}
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: mx1.example.com->zimbra@mx1.example.com:22}
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(Ser viceException.java:131)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:192)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.execute(RemoteMa nager.java:129)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetMailQueueInfo.handl e(GetMailQueueInfo.java:55)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:255)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: auth failed
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:185)
    ... 24 more

Error code: service.FAILURE
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Receiver

Sorry for the long msg but I haven't seen anyone else refernce a problem like this since the upgrade was released. any ideas?

steve.
    Last edited by keyhman; 04-14-2006 at 05:24 AM. Reason: sanitize msg paste

Default I think the problem has to do with RemoteManagement ldap parameters

If I'm upgrading from previous version is there a new remote management command that wasn't a feature in previous versions?

From what I can see zmrcd == sshd and zmrc == ssh -c

If that's true, then there's a conflict. I use ssh for remote systems management on port 22. I've changed other ports on the original install to avoid conflicts with apache, etc...

Do I need to use zmprov to change the remote management port to an unused value to fix the mail queues error message I still get from admin gui?

steve

Default The LDAP params are definitely related to the problem

On a hunch I tried using this:
    zmprov ms mx1.example.com zimbraRemoteManagementPort 8022

zmcontrol stop && zmcontrol start

I tried the mail queues gui again and The error message changed to show the port number modification I made:

Message: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: mx1.example->zimbra@mx1.example.com:8022}
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: mx1.example.com->zimbra@mx1.example.com:8022}
    at

Caused by: java.io.IOException: There was a problem while talking to mx1.example:8022
    at ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:64 2)
    at ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:46 0)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:183)
    ... 24 more
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl .java:333)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSoc ketImpl.java:195)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.j ava:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.j ava:366)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:507)
    at ch.ethz.ssh2.transport.TransportManager.initialize (TransportManager.java:299)
    at ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.connect(Connection.java:59 1)
    ... 26 more

This is obviously different from the first error -- is it possible that the remote management relies on the system ssh daemon ?

please clarify.

steve.
    Last edited by keyhman; 04-14-2006 at 06:44 AM.

Default remote management issues continued...

Working on the assumption that zimbra relies on the system ssh daemon (Based on previous posted msgs) I've reverted back to port 22 in the server configs for my host:

zmprov ms mx1.example.com zimbraRemoteManagementPort 22

zmcontrol stop && zmcontrol start

and the message reverted back to the original error -- hence my conclusion that the system ssh daemon is part of this puzzle.

it seems to me like the ssh daemon isn't recognizing or accepting the certificate found in ~zimbra/.ssh/zimbra_identity

can anyone clarify and advise on a fix?

steve.

Default Solution Found!

I found the solution.

If you read the man page to ssh and sshd , you'll find that for PubKey auth, the host must be authorized for this method of auth. That requires the host public key to be present in ~zimbra/.ssh/authorized_hosts and ~zimbra/.ssh/known_hosts

I manually copied the contents of ~zimbra/.ssh/zimbra_identity.pub to these two files and the queue manager started working immediately. no more errors.

Great new feature guys. keep up the good work.

steve

Thanks. Can you file this in bugzilla?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default mailqstat

i don't seem to have an executable 'zmqstat' .. where should this file be?

Message: system failure: exception executing command: zmqstat all with {RemoteManager: mail.domain.com->zimbra@mail.domain.com:22}
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: exception executing command: zmqstat all with {RemoteManager: mail.domain.com->zimbra@mail.domain.com:22}
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.execute(RemoteMa nager.java:161)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetMailQueueInfo.handl e(GetMailQueueInfo.java:55)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:255)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: command failed127
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.execute(RemoteMa nager.java:156)
    ... 23 more

Quote Originally Posted by adobrin
    i don't seem to have an executable 'zmqstat' .. where should this file be?
    libexec/zmqstat
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

[zimbra@mail libexec]$ ./zmqstat
    Can't chdir to /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/spool/incoming at ./zmqstat line 182.
    [zimbra@mail libexec]$

which user is it supposed to be logging in as?

spool/* are all postfix owned, and most of them chmod 400 (ish).