Thread: Specyfic configuration needs

Default Specyfic configuration needs

Hello,
    I want to install Zimbra Collaboration Suit but I need to know is this possible:
    - The Zimbra server will be installed on local server, but this is not a main IMAP server. Outside office location is main e-mail server configured with domain name etc. I want to download emails (automatically) from this server to local zimbra server. And all messages that being send, should be send via outside server. Is this possible?
    - And the second, users can't delete their messages. Or if the delete message this will be still on server but invisible for user, but visible for admin.

Is this possible?

Welcome to the forums

In answer to question 1 yes you can certainly do that. Do all emails end up in one IMAP mailbox or separate ? Two choices :-

1) Use fetchmail to collect all email and inject into the Zimbra SMTP service for local delivery
    2) On each account within Zimbra you can setup a external account which is polled and the email is then collected

With respect to sending emails you can setup your external mail server as a smarthost from the ZCS (Zimbra) Admin GUI.

Great! This is superb software! I feel that is a good starting point to long time relationship with Zimbra