Thread: Admin console not running

Question Admin console not running

Hi all,

this is my netstat after my zimbra install on https along with an apache on port 80 (http).

zimbra@HOST:~$ netstat -ta | grep LISTEN | grep -v ^tcp6
    tcp        0      0 *:7780                  *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 FQDN.DOMAIN.XYZ:ldap    *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10024         *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10025         *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 localhost:7306          *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 localhost:mysql         *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 localhost:7307          *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 *:3310                  *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 *:ssmtp                 *:*                     LISTEN     
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN
    I am missing the admin console port (7071) and in fact, not surprisingly, I can't connect to it either.

Secondly (and I don't know if that is configurable), in the Briefcase, all links generated are "http" instead of "https", leading to errors when trying to download the files.

This is on a server which has been installed off-site, and now been deployed. I forced local DNS resolution by adding a FQDN in the /etc/hosts along with the private IP when I installed, that line is now deactivated (thus, resolving to the correct IP).

Other than that, I can't think of anything that I might have done differently. It worked when the server was in the private network, now the console is not started.

BTW; you might also notice that XMPP is missing from the open ports; in fact, it is only started under tcp6. Is there a way to change that, too? We've had a Jabber service running before but I would like to use Zimbra's if possible.

So, three things in one post, hopefully there's someone who can address these.

Thanks in advance,

Please check /var/log/zimbra.log and /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log for any error messages. It would also help if we could see the following please
    cat /etc/hosts
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    dig yourdomain mx
    dig yourdomain any
    host `hostname` <- note backticks and not single quotes
    and what version of ZCS are you running
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v
    zmcontrol status
    and please update your forums profile with the version information

Code:	localhost
    # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
    ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
    ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
    /etc/resolv.conf is fine, as well as DNS (digs turn out ok, as well as host).

Release 5.0.11_GA_2695.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition
    zimbra@HOST:~$ zmcontrol status
    	antispam                Running
    	antivirus               Running
    	ldap                    Running
    	logger                  Running
    	mailbox                 Running
    	mta                     Running
    	spell                   Running
    	stats                   Running
    I found a couple of these errors in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log:
    2009-01-18 02:48:07,427 INFO  [pool-8-thread-4] [] im - Error creating secured outgoing session to remote server: lookup:
    org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: could not determine namespace bound to element prefix stream (position: START_DOCUMENT seen ... @1:14) 
            at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseStartTag(
            at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(
            at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(
            at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(
            at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPacket(
            at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$
    But that seems more something regarding the Jabber, correct? I am actually quite happy with that ... how come Zimbra is "calling home" without my knowledge? Nowhere did I configure it to connect to ""...!

Anyway, I can't find any other significant errors in the log files. Looking at the "status" output, no "admin" service is mentioned. Is there a straight forward command that would start the service?