Thread: Stand Alone MailArchiving

Default Stand Alone MailArchiving

I was hoping to use the Zimbra Archiving features in conjunction with my mail server. Meaning in this case all I would like to do is run Zimbra as a Archiving server, and get my mail server to send to it everything that is required to be archived.

This sort of solution is not documented as far as I can tell, (Installing Archiving Package as an Update to ZCS), where is allows you to run it standalone in conjection with other Zimbra servers but not entirely on its own.

I have no experience with Zimbra so I feel I an just bludgeoning around but has anyone attempted to achieve the above (I have a trial license) and if so how did they complete it.

Thanks

so am I assuming that there is no way to do this? using Zimbra as a stand alone Mail Archiving solution?

I can't think of a way off the top of my head. We have an archiving solution that we sell as an addon to the network addition.

Some things to think about:

Can you set up some sort of bcc on every mail on your current MTA? You possibly could forward them to an archive mailbox on the Zimbra server. And with our cool search tools, they could all be in one mailbox, and you'd have no trouble finding a message.