Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: zmdailyreport returns nothing

Default Spoke too soon

After running fine for 2 days the daily report is back to reporting nothing.

I have noticed that permission is denied to append zimbra.log by syslogd

the syslog.conf is:

# Log all kernel messages to the console.
    # Logging much else clutters up the screen.
    #kern.* /dev/console

# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
    # Don't log private authentication messages!
    *.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none /var/log/messages

# The authpriv file has restricted access.
    authpriv.* /var/log/secure

# Log all the mail messages in one place.

# Log cron stuff
    cron.* /var/log/cron

# Everybody gets emergency messages
    *.emerg *

# Save news errors of level crit and higher in a special file.

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
    local7.* /var/log/boot.log
    local0.* -/var/log/zimbra.log
    mail.* -/var/log/zimbra.log

The last line is different from the ealier conf file

file is root owned with 0644 permission

/var/log/zimbra.log is zimbra owned with 0644 permission
    /etc/init.d/syslog is owned by root

We are seeing the very same issue with our install .. Anyone @ Zimbra have ideas as to why it works for a few days then stops? .. A restart of zimbra fixes this issue for a few days more ..

Seems like a bug please file it in bugzilla.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Kevin,

Once again thanks for your reply .. However thats what I pay you for to file bug reports on the software I have paid for .. Really I think its already filed .. What I was asking was if anyone else other than Zimbra folks had seen this and if so if they have come up with any sort of a work around.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brwatters
    Kevin,

Once again thanks for your reply .. However thats what I pay you for to file bug reports on the software I have paid for
    Hmmm, IMO that's a bit tactless to say the least. If you have the Network Version of Zimbra wouldn't it be better to contact support directly for an answer or raise this as an issue rather than here in the forums?

Really I think its already filed
    If it's already filed, have you voted on it? Why didn't you post the details of the bug number for the o/p to see.

What I was asking was if anyone else other than Zimbra folks had seen this and if so if they have come up with any sort of a work around.
    Actually if you read your post again it was addressed to 'Anyone @ Zimbra ' not the general forum populace.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Once again thanks for your reply .. However thats what I pay you for to file bug reports on the software I have paid for .. Really I think its already filed .. What I was asking was if anyone else other than Zimbra folks had seen this and if so if they have come up with any sort of a work around.
    Actually you addressed us it seems "Anyone @ Zimbra". Either way, no harm done. If you have a question directly for us at Zimbra regarding your Network support it's support@zimbra.com where those questions can go. The support team can file bugs on your behalf. In the forums the traffic is just too high so it doesn't make sense for us to extract the bug reports for everyone. The idea is bugzilla is open to all so if you have a bug report you can file it. Nothing wrong with asking a question on the forums first if it's unclear or you'd like to discuss the behavior, but in the end the forums is not a place to officially report bugs. That's what bugzilla is for. As you said if you'd like us to file the bug for you please submit a support request to support@zimbra.com or you can file a support ticket via the support portal.

http://www.zimbra.com/support
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Unhappy

Got to love these replies .. this is the very reason I do not come to these forums .. All of this energy to flame me and still no solutions to the issues I mentioned ..

Tactless or not when one logs into the support area the the Network version folks pay for both the wiki and the forum's are available options to chose from .. since the knowlege base is all but empty where else does one go .. Entering support tickets by the most part is a waste of time .. heck even now I have a request into support from noon yesterday that NO one has looked at or commented on ..

BugZilla .. its a great tool for developers who wish to be involved in the development of OpenSource software and tools .. Myself I do not care to be on the development side thus the reason I am supporting Zimbra via $$$ for Opensource software .. I do not want to have to manage four of five interfaces with Zimbra or the collective within to be able to communicate my issues.

support@zimbra.com

support desk tickets (support portal)

forums

wiki's

BugZilla

Phone calls

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It wasn't a flame it was a comment on your pompous attitude, this "However thats what I pay you for" is not a comment that's acceptable to me. If you're a paying customer then support will help you.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks again for the fast reply .. Yup I would take my statement as pompous as well .. however it sure got attention .. the reason for what I said was clearly if one read this full thread one can see this is a bug .. the reply to my question heck plea for a solution to this ongoing problem was as seen below not the solution .. I was hoping to hear from Zimbra or some other person out there having the same pain as us that they may have temp work around to this bug until the perm fix and or next build was released .. As a director of a national ISP and purchaser of lots of hardware and software I can tell you it pains me to see "log it in bugzilla" type replies from folks that I along with others help support via the sharing of $$$. So if thats pompous then so be it ..

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Seems like a bug please file it in bugzilla.

Smile

Now to end this back and forth .. Anyone have a solution to the issues of logger and or the daily reports failing to populate ?? ..