I hope someone can help me out. I am green to both Ubuntu and ZCS. I am currently working on a proof of concept to see if we can migrate from Exchange 2000 to ZCS, instead of going to Exchange 2k7 or 2k10.
I am tryinng to build a standalone ZCS box, just to play around and see if it has the features we want. I have been working on the install on and off for about 2 weeks. I am close to getting it to work but it won't. I have done fresh re-installs of OS everytime it is FUBAR.
So here are my basic steps:
1. Install Ubuntu 8.0.4 TLS Desktop 32 Bit
2. Set IP Manually and edit HOSTS to be FQDN
3. Run ZCS 1st time to see what Depdn are missing, and install those items.
4. Run Install again. I leave install packages at default Y/N items
5. Install Packages is done, I modifiy the configuration that has * on them, (i.e. admin pass, zcs trial key), Then I apply configurations
6. Configurations are applied, and I get the great " Configuration complete - press return to exit"
7. I run the "su - zimbra", then I run the "zmcontrol status"
8. Here is where I am stuck.
Based on the installtion manual from Zimbra, I should see all "Running". But I don't.
I see the following:
I followed the directions provided, and everything appeared to install correctly. What do I need to do to address the items thare are Stopped or "Not Running"?zimbra@redzim:~$ zmcontrol status
logmysql.server is not running
zmmtaconfig is running.
mysql.server is not running
mailboxd is running.
Can any help point me in the right direction.