Thread: [SOLVED] Server Status connection refused in admin console

Default [SOLVED] Server Status connection refused in admin console

Hello, all. When I click on the server status item in the left panel of the administration web page, I received the following error:

Message: error while proxying request to target server Connection refused Error code: service.PROXY_ERROR Method: GetServiceStatusRequest Details:soap:Receiver

In the mailbox.log file I see:

2009-05-02 20:46:35,372 INFO [btpool0-9] [name=jn@mycompany.com;mid=3;ip=172.x.x.1;ua=Zimbra WebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] SoapEngine - handler e
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: error while proxying request to target server Connection refused
    ExceptionId:btpool0-9:1241311595368:31fd56cd3e499716
    Code:service.PROXY_ERROR Argurl, STR, "https://smtp.mycompany.com:7071/service/admin/soap/GetServiceStatusRequest")

Our setup is pretty simple. We have a main zimbra server for most functions including the logger and the internal MTA and we have a separate Zimbra MTA in the DMZ as the public MTA. The error appears to come from the main server trying to contact the public MTA on port 7071. A packet trace shows the main server sending a SYN and the MTA sending a RST.

This may be related to my goof. After installing the main server with the logger service, I installed public MTA but also installed the logger service. I subsequently realized my error, disabled the logger service from the admin console, uninstalled the logger RPM and ran zmprov ms `hostname` -zimbraServiceEnabled logger

However, I am still having the problem. Can anyone tell me what is causing it and how I fix it? Thanks - John

Default Version details

Oh - I forgot to mention we are running GA16 (brand new) on CentOS 5.3 with vserver 2.3 and kernel 2.6.28.7 - John

Default Reinstalled

For various reasons, we destroyed the environment and recreated it (NOT repeating the mistake of two loggers). As expected, we no longer have the problem - John
    www.spiritualoutreach.com
    Making Christianity intelligible to secular society

And how to solve this without reinstalling?