Thread: [SOLVED] Zimbra, and server "local mails" problems.

Exclamation [SOLVED] Zimbra, and server "local mails" problems.

Hi,
    I'm having the following problem..
    All mails get to Zimbra accounts without problems except the ones that are sent from the server that has the account using it's domain.
    Let me explain how we have set-up our server:
    We've created a VPS and installed Zimbra Server on it (has it's own dedicated IP).
    On a totally different dedicated server, we've the hosting account which uses the domain that we want mails to be delegated to Zimbra (so we set-up the corresponding MX record pointing to the Zimbra server). All works fine and mails sent from gmail, hotmail, or any external server get to the Zimbra server. But the problem comes here. All the mails sent from the dedicated server (where the domain is being hosted) are being sent to the mail accounts that we previously had (configured on cPanel) instead of being sent to Zimbra.

What should I do to avoid this? And so that my mails (sent from the local server) are not sent to the old mail addresses configured on cPanel (which are on that same server) and are sent to my Zimbra server.

Let me know if I didn't explained myself correctly or you need any other info-

Regards,
    -Federico.

Good day!

Sounds as though you second server may be running DNS on it and returning itself as the MX, if I understand your setup. What do you get when you run the following on each host?

Code:
    $ dig MX YOURDOMAIN.com
    Cheers,
    Dusty
    CoSentry - www.cosentry.com - Co-Location & Business Resiliency Solutions

I had this problem when I setup the server before DNS;

Zimbra was setup on server.localdomain.local before setting up the DNS records pointing to mail.publicdomain.com and then creating the 'real' domain in zimbra. Zimbra was trying to deliver its 'internal' mail to admin@server.localdomain.local; I created an alias for the admin account and hey presto - daily activity reports, AV/AS notifications etc. started arriving.

Hope that helps

Jon

Hi,
    I was able to solve this by disableing the option on cPanel: "Always accept mail locally even if the primary mx does not point to this server."
    I wasn't able to uncheck this option until I found that I had to do this before:
    In "WHM Main >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings",
    the following option was not enabled under the Mail section: "Automatically setup /etc/localdomains, /etc/remotedomains, /etc/secondarymx based on where the mx entry is pointed.". After enabling it I was able to uncheck the function and my mail started being delivered to my Zimbra server.

Regards,
    Federico.