Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ssl certificate installation

Unhappy ssl certificate installation

Hi All,
    I am trying to create ca and then generate certificate request and signed that request from ca and installed that certificate on my zimbra mail server, so that when ever any body access to zimbra mail server the ssl certificate should be there for encrypted information. I did a lot search here but was not able to find good link may be i am missing some good post. I have tried this link given below.
    Recreating a Self-Signed SSL Certificate - Zimbra :: Wiki

I am using this version zcs-5.0.16_GA_2921.RHEL5.20090429052155 on x4200. Please provide some guidance or links how can i perform this operation successfuly. It is very much important.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sikander

Welcome to the forums

Are you wishing to use a self signed certificate or a commercial one ? if a self signed then that can be generated from the Admin GUI.

Thank you Uxbod for your quick reply and welcome, i am very glade to have your response.

From the admin gui i have generated the csr file and saved it on pc and signed it from my another ca which i created and generated a certificate in cert form. Now i want to install this certificate on zimbra server using gui but when i click to install the certificate it again generate message csr file already exist or if i replace it, it generate the new one. How can install that certificate which i got signed from my ca. Can you please provide some assistance in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sikander

Unhappy ssl certificate

Can some one help me how can install my ssl certificate which is signed by my another ca using admin gui of zimbra server.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sikander

did you purchased SSL certificate or you want to create your own using your CA

Unhappy ssl certificate

Thank you for your reply

I have already created certificate using my own ca. Now i want to install that certificate on my zimbra server. How can i do that? please provide some details if possible.

Best Regards,

Sikander

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sikander View Post
    Thank you for your reply

I have already created certificate using my own ca. Now i want to install that certificate on my zimbra server. How can i do that? please provide some details if possible.

Best Regards,

Sikander
    use

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial.key ./commercial.crt ./commercial_ca.crt

where .key and .crt are certificate files

hope this helps

Red face ssl certificate

Thank you for the replies.
    Actually I have my own CA, I have made my admin interface 7071 to request for the certificate with subject lets say o= company, ou=systems etc.
    Now I had taken that request to my CA, created a private key with the same subject i.e. o-company and ou=systems and I signed that certificate request and also the private key from my CA.
    Now how could I import that ceertificate to work with SSL ports.
    I tried to import and had the following exception.

#######################################
    Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: IOException while handling uploaded certificate Message: Your certificate was not installed due to the error : system failure: IOException while handling uploaded certificate Error code: ZaCertWizard.prototype.installCallback Method: AjxException.UNKNOWN_ERROR Details:s
    ystem failure: IOException while handling uploaded certificate
    ########################################

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Sikander

Talking Thank you Bilal

It helped me a lot. Thanks once again.