Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving Zimbra

I just don't understand these "copyright" issues your having. If you're logged in as root you should not have any permission issues copying/rsyning the files.

How are you accessing the Zimbra server? From a windows machine using putty?

Can you run the following command (replacing /path/to/usb with the mount path of the usb drive):

Code:
    rsync -aHK /opt/zimbra /path/to/usb
    Then can you post the exact output of the command here.

I think I may have answered my own question... I was trying to drag the folder from the SAVED drive to my USB drive... maybe I should just do a copy of the zimbra folder and a rsync to the usb drive and then do the same on the new server...

Alright folks,

I finally got back to the office to try this stuff... Keep in mind I'm still learning this Ubuntu Linux stuff and it's not so much fun. LOL

I have managed to get somewhere. I'm assuming because I was not actually trying to complete these commands via "root"

BUT here is what I have got so far... I have manged to go into the terminal window... do a "cp -Rp /opt/zimba /media/saved/" it creates a zimbra folder with all the stuff in it...

Thru the gui NOT the terminal window I have learned that my usb drive needed to be formatted to ubuntu. I try to drag and drop the zimbra folder created in the command above to the USB drive. It gets to 39 seconds left and says: "Error while copying "local" more details state " error opening file: no such device or address " so I chose to skip it then I get the same error for a "maildrop" skip again then I get it for "trace" then "defer" then "bounce" then "rewrite" then "smtp" then "lmtp" then "virtual" then "uucp" then "ifmail" then "relay" NEED I go on.............. I am logged into the gui as ROOT... I'm almost there. I have tried to google this error but dont' seem to get much of anywhere? PLEASE help!

Thanks for your time.

dan

Default Spool files?

These maybe some type of spool files which I believe are sockets. They are of a virtual nature if I understand spool files. So you can probably go ahead a copy everything else. If you are copying for archive reasons, take note that your file permissions will probably not carry forward.