Thread: address rewrite

Default how to get mail on local mailboxes

how can get to the mail that's being delivered to local mailboxes in /var/mail; not registered as zimbra's users???

Tx

How is mail getting there? If you have things setup right all mail should go directly to zimbra.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Question

Current working setup:No real domain, all mail goes relayed to mymailprovider.realdomain.com, I fetch incoming mail there with fetchmail, being delivered locally with lmtp. My machine name is nostromo.mydomain but i've setted up zimbra domain (for shortcut) as "come.com"; the mail from daemons and other utilities of the SO that's being sent to root@nostromo.com or oracle@nostromo.com gets to /var/mail. My solution til now is have installed and aditional pop server and using outlook to get that "Systems Messages" mail.

Can I make postfix send via lmtp mail for oneuserhere@mymailprovider.realdomain.com to otheruser@mymailprovider.realdomain.com, that's telling postfix that treat those users as local users, so the mail doesn't do the trip my_server--(SMTP)--> my_smart_host--(POP3,LMTP)-->my_server

TX

Default address rewrite

Current working setup:No real domain (come.co), all mail goes relayed to mymailprovider.realdomain.com, i have configured address rewrite with smtp_generic_maps, so that oneuserhere@come.co becomes oneuser@mymailprovider.realdomain.com when mail is going outside SMTP, the problem is that when I send mail from oneuserhere@come.co to otheruserhere@come.co; it is translating those users as oneuserhere@mymailprovider.realdomain.com and otheruserhere@mymailprovider.realdomain.com and sending that to my mail provider, when it should be delivering local.

How Can I make zimbra treat those users as locals or not using smtp_generic_maps when the deliver should by local, is an amavis issue????

Or better is there a howto for a setup where the server got no valid Internet domain name, and using a relayhost for sending and fetching from other real mail host???

aurzola,
    Welcome to the forums, and we're glad your here.

Please do not post duplicates as seperate threads. Resources are kinda thin, and there are lots of posts that are available for search. We try to keep things nice and clean without confusion.

I've merged your other post with this thread to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by jholder; 05-23-2006 at 08:20 PM.