Hallo,

I am new to linux. I am trying to install zimbra on fedora 7. i saved the file to my desktop and run the install.sh file. everythin was ok and it started instaling all of zimbra packages.

but toward the end it gets stuck and gives me this error message.

Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.08102009-184421.log
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
Setting defaults...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
done.
Upgrading from to 5.0.18_GA_3011
Stopping zimbra services
Stop failed - exiting
UPGRADE FAILED - exiting

i am doing a fesh installation.
Well my localhost is running at the moment so i want to first test the Zimbra in my LAN first before setting it up a server to receive mails from outside.

please help. i have tried to look for a step by step installation guide and the best that i cud follow eneded up with this errors.

please help!!!!!!!!!!
something to do with ldap??

basically my server computer has an i.p adress 192.168.1.130 i am connected to office network. the office has a static ip adress.

please advice on necessary setups. i have not much experience in this.

i would like to know also how do you login to the Zimbra config menu after installing?