Thread: can an administrator downgrade

Default can an administrator downgrade

Is there an easy way to downgrade from 6.0 back to 5.18? Seems to be quite a few problems with 6.0 that have to do with the logger/stats that doesnt seem to be getting anywhere just yet.....

Good question, id like to know aswell.... some serious problems are impacting the general workflow zimbra supports. Things like

- moving between shared folders has turned to copy actions
    - appointment location and notes stop being printed on calendar prints
    - with multiple calendars the printing one selected calandar keeps printing a calandar you selected earlier
    - printing from list view gives you a 500 error
    - logger quitting

These things have a serious impact on the batteries of both my mobile and my dect phone with 40+ internal calls regarding these issues....

John
    ps. am already in the process of voting to bugzilla for corresponding bugs but i doubt i can wait another update cycle to get these problems fixed

Not sure but AFAIK you cannot downgrade to lower version

Well 6.0.1 is out now so have you checked the release notes on whether those issues have been addressed ?

Unfortunately as far as i can see none of the problems have been fixed in the 6.01 patch release. And after the problems we are currently already experiencing i must confess being a little hesitant to run an update that may bring us further grief.

At the moment i will leave that process for those far braver than me and see how they do.

edit: ofc i shouldnt complain since i havent had the time to make those bug applications yet, as a result of spending most of my day trying to find workarrounds for ppl in dire straits here.

I was just reading the relase notes now and I didnt see where the stats problem has been fixed. Somone did post that new installs do not have this problem, just those that upgraded.
    SO, I was already going to move my server to another box to provide more HD room. I might update then move. Not sure what the best way to do that yet is but I am sure I can find it. always love a good project.
    Bill

Hi veronica, I hadnt found a way to downgrade but with so many gurus in this forum I am sure someone has found a way. But, I think in the grand scheme of things if all I lost was stats I can work around that for awhile.
    Bill

Well, I haven't found a way to downgrade either.. But.. there is always:

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...store_Articles

This way, you can backup your actual version, and if upgrade fails, just restore from your backup. Have worked for me.
    - dgamez -

Netnovation Vzla, S.A.
    Zimbra VAR

Caracas - Venezuela