Upgraded server (Ubuntu 6.06 LTS) from 5.0.18GA to 6.0.1GA. This server has been through a number of upgrades over the last ~2 years, never a problem till this one. Upgrade went fine after I manually installed package sysstat from universe directory (looks like it is a supported package for Ubuntu /after/ 6.06, but is only in Universe for 6.06), but although the SSL certificates at least seemed to be in the comm directory, the system was using a Zimbra self signed certificate that had expired in 2008.
The proper SSL cert had been installed in thru the web interface originally. Visiting the web interface now gave errors. Tried reinstalling the certificates from the web interface, and then from command line from backups using zmcertmgr. I think the issue might be that the key file for the certificate used to have an address line and zipcode, and the new key file did not have those fields, and adding them from the command line did not seem to work either. I am afraid I did not document all the error messages, but after a couple hours on the Wiki and forums, I reset the crt key, created a new one on the web interface, combined the chain of trust files from the CA, purchased a new cert, and installed it from the command line. Here are a few of the errors I went through:
Unmatching certificate and private key (/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key) pair
system failure: XXXXX ERROR: Unmatching certificate /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current.crt and private key /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbraAdmin/tmp/current_comm.key pair
Post #2 on this page is where I got the commands to manually install the newly purchased cert:
(After cat'ing together the train of trust files, I manually edited the file so that all ---begin--- and --end--- statements would be on their own lines - not sure if this was really needed.)
I am also having a number of problems with the new zco.msi - only have it installed on one workstation, but I am quiting and may revert to the old Outlook msi. I will document this further in a post to the ZCO forum, just wanted to mention it here should anyone else look at this while considering if they wish to upgrade from 5.0.18 to 6.0.1 - I wish I had waited. (Again, I have been upgrading since the 4. series, and all the previous upgrades had gone extremely well.)