Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: ZCS 6.0.1 ported to FreeBSD7

here is what it says

COMMAND: zmcontrol shutdown
    su: unknown login: zimbra
    Added group zimbra.
    Added user zimbra.
    opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/perl5: Could not unlink
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
    pkg_add: leave_playpen: can't chdir back to ''

IIIRC this problem is related to that symlink (perl5) in zimbramon/lib. i remember i solved this problem by using the "P" argument for tar:
    + (cd $(CORE_DEST_DIR)/zimbramon; tar Pxzf $(RRD_SOURCE).tar.gz)

previously, even the compilation process failed because of the same error (since package creation partly simulate installation process).

i will try to reinstall 6.0.9 on my test box and see if i get the same error.

could you try to install from my pre-compiled packages just for a test in the mean time?

EDIT:
    no problem installing via pre-compiled packages.
    Last edited by solko; 05-03-2011 at 11:20 AM.

solko,

actually, I was installing using your prebuild packages. I will try to use P on the tar command and get back to you with the result. Thx.

Default Gnr 6012

Good night Solko, okay? What is the procedure for compiling and installing GNR 6012? The packets are the same as 609 GNR? and the installation guide is the same? I'm using the 609 GNR and really liked it, I found very stable ... I also wonder if there are many differences from 609 to 6012 ..

Quote Originally Posted by bebekmacho View Post
    solko,

actually, I was installing using your prebuild packages. I will try to use P on the tar command and get back to you with the result. Thx.
    no no no, that is already covered by the patch itself! (i was just explaining the issue)

if you are getting this problem while installing my precompiled packages there is something else (foul) in play.

we could easily quick-hack it by removing the symlink from sources but i am more interested in some long-term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by kukinaldo View Post
    Good night Solko, okay? What is the procedure for compiling and installing GNR 6012? The packets are the same as 609 GNR? and the installation guide is the same? I'm using the 609 GNR and really liked it, I found very stable ... I also wonder if there are many differences from 609 to 6012 ..
    well, you will have to check Zimbra Product Management Portal and/or release notes for each version to get the detailed comparision.

and yes, the build process is the same. there are no fundamental changes and there won't be. that's where 7.x shines .

time to implement 7.x i guess. the question is: should we continue to build zimbra in freebsd-fashion or just make the build super-zimbra-friendly so that it would be way easier to manage the tree in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    well, you will have to check Zimbra Product Management Portal and/or release notes for each version to get the detailed comparision.

and yes, the build process is the same. there are no fundamental changes and there won't be. that's where 7.x shines .

time to implement 7.x i guess. the question is: should we continue to build zimbra in freebsd-fashion or just make the build super-zimbra-friendly so that it would be way easier to manage the tree in the future?

It would be good if there was a version zimbra-super-friendly, because the FreeBSD platform would unite with his family Zimbra. The union between a great operating system with a wonderful solution for email would be perfect! Another doubt, then the difference of construction GNR 6012 is just in time to run the patch GNR-6012? The rest of the procedures are all the same? I thought I needed source of GNR-60

Quote Originally Posted by kukinaldo View Post
    It would be good if there was a version zimbra-super-friendly, because the FreeBSD platform would unite with his family Zimbra. The union between a great operating system with a wonderful solution for email would be perfect! Another doubt, then the difference of construction GNR 6012 is just in time to run the patch GNR-6012? The rest of the procedures are all the same? I thought I needed source of GNR-60
    ye, i was kinda lame and provided only the patch .
    get 6012 sources, apply 6012 patch and follow the 609 build guide (just use different version numbers). you would also need 6012 rundeps but you can just hack that in the install script since 609 should suffice.

but if you just want to test it out, please, use 609!

i would have already started on preparing 7.x but zimbra's perforce is broken atm.

Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    no no no, that is already covered by the patch itself! (i was just explaining the issue)

if you are getting this problem while installing my precompiled packages there is something else (foul) in play.

we could easily quick-hack it by removing the symlink from sources but i am more interested in some long-term solution.
    solko,

sorry, I'm a little bit confuse.

What I did was download the source code from the internet in form of .tar.gz and then adding the builddepps using your prebuild packages. after that I patch the GNR and building it according your wiki. the build was successful but the installation stopped as I mentioned above.

Sorry I don't have enough experience hacking around a freebsd system and I need your help. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bebekmacho View Post
    solko,

sorry, I'm a little bit confuse.

What I did was download the source code from the internet in form of .tar.gz and then adding the builddepps using your prebuild packages. after that I patch the GNR and building it according your wiki. the build was successful but the installation stopped as I mentioned above.

Sorry I don't have enough experience hacking around a freebsd system and I need your help. Thank you.
    you did that exactly right. i was just explaining the "unlink tar issue" which should not arise in the first place.

could you, please, test my precompiled 609 zimbra packages first? or upload your packages somewhere so that i can test them. i am not able to reproduce your problem on my test 8.2 box.

furthermore, please, contact me via icq or some other interactive form of communication, solving an issue via forum is utterly slow!