Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra database and phpMyAdmin

Default Zimbra database and phpMyAdmin

I've succesfully installed Zimbra and it works great, but I would like to have a propper look at details in the zimbra database using phpMyAdmin.
    Could anyone here please provide advice on how to do this?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

Have a search through the forums for details on how to find the password for the MySQL database - that's all you need to get to them.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain my situation a bit better. I currently have Zimbra runing on SUSE 9.3 and phpMyAdmin on a Windows XP machine. Both of these machines are connected to our business network. I have full/root access to both these machines. I have configured Samba on the Linux machine and can access it from any computer on our network (to view files and access the zimbra application).
    My knowledge of Linux and Tomcat is quite poor (Started learning the hard way a week or so ago), but I am reasonably experienced in apache, mysql and php.
    I have tried to connect to the Zimbra mySQL database from my Windows machine using the password/username specified in the opt\zimbra\conf\localconfig.xml file without much success - I get 'server not responding' when I use the ip address of the zimbra box as host name and 'Access denied for user: 'root@dsl-142-242-12.telkomadsl.co.za' (Using password: YES) ' when I use 'http:\\zimbra' (Which is the URL I use to access Zimbra from the windows machine).
    I have also tried running phpMyAdmin from the Tomcat Webapps dir and the httpd-2.0.54\htdocs dir, again without much success.

I cant access mysql from the terminal either (ERROR 2002 (HY000): Cant connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'(2))

Is there any way I can make this work? If not, is there any other way I can view the database structure/contents () ?

Thanx for the time and effort spent on this post. I really do appreciate your help

Leslie

I'm not sure the mysql daemon running on the Zimbra server listens to network connections. Even if it does, I doubt the mysql root users is allowed to log in from the network.

Have you tried command line mysql access from the Zimbra server ?

I have tried to connect from the command line and get the following error: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Cant connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'(2)).
    I think it might be trying to connect me to the default mySQL service which installs with Linux, because the path specified in the 'my.cnf' file in '/opt/zimbra/conf' differs from the path above.

Talking

I forgot to invoke the zimbra control ('su - zimbra') before calling mysql(stupid me).
    I can now succesfully access the database via the command prompt! Would still be nice if I could somehow make work with phpMyAdmin...
    Thanx guys!

Leslie

Default Have you tried SQLyog?

I have been using SQLyog to connect and view the database tables.
    'zmlocalconfig -s' can get you all the information you need to connect (port, password,...)
    I first run PuTTY and create a tunnel:
    Under Connection-->SSH-->Tunnels select 'Local ports accept connections from other hosts'. Set your source port to whatever local port you want to use. I use 3308. Then set your destination to 127.0.0.1:7306 (assuming that the value for mysql_port when you run 'zmlocalconfig -s | grep mysql_port' is 7306).
    Of course, your Session Host Name points to your Zimbra server. Your Connection-->Data Auto-login username should be set to a username that has rights to connect to your Zimbra server. The 'root' user will work, but for security reasons, it is probably better to use something different.

Once you open your tunnel, you can run SQLyog to connect.
    Set your MySQL host address to 127.0.0.1.
    Your port will be your local port you set above (3308). You can get your username and password from the zmlocalconfig output.

To connect Zimbra database in PhpMyAdmin you should change php5 settings. Set mysql.default_socket =/opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock in php.ini
    mysql.default_host = localhost:7306
    I think thats all. If you'll have another questions write to my e-mail. mr(dot)muldashev(at)gmail(dot)com

i'm still having this problem:
    #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'

Could you show log?