Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: upgrade to 6.0.2 stats and status no longer working

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    What to do if "rsyslog" already installed.

    Code:
    aptitude install rsyslog
    Already installed the newest version of rsyslog
    Running the command: aptitude reinstall rsyslog

    Let's see what will be some time

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ploubalay, Britany, France
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Try /opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup with root and /etc/init.d/rsyslog restart...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'm getting the same thing after an upgrade from 5.0.18 to 6.0.2 in /opt/zimbra/zmstat/zmstat.out
    Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmstat-allprocs line 118

    syslog.conf:
    ...
    local0.* -/var/log/zimbra.log
    local1.* -/var/log/zimbra-stats.log
    auth.* -/var/log/zimbra.log
    mail.* -/var/log/zimbra.log

    Global server status shows statistics, individual server status shows nothing.

    I added a second server after this upgrade for archiving and discovery (per How Discovery Works) and I have the same problem.

    Also admin GUI server status shows stats down on the main server, mailbox and stats down on the archive server. zmcontrol shows:

    zimbra@mail-archive:~$ zmcontrol status
    Host mail-archive.mbl.edu
    mailbox Running
    stats Running

    Anyone else had success fixing this problem?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yannjeg View Post
    Try /opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup with root and /etc/init.d/rsyslog restart...
    It is a pity, but statistics as does not work....

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Tried that, both server still have the same:
    Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmstat-allprocs line 118

    Also, server status shows everything on the archive server with red 'x'.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    My stats are now working thanks to this thread! :-)

    This worked for me:

    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup ( as 'root' )

    /etc/init.d/rsyslog restart ( as 'root' )

    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms ( as 'root' )


    Running Dell 2800, FC 11 x64 version & Zimbra 6.0.2 x64

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    By the way, I noticed that my zimbra is not switched off until the end.
    In the process, continues to operate zmlogger. And it does not kill.
    Just do not turn off "logswatch".

    Code:
     /etc/init.d/zimbra stop
    
    zmloggerctl status
    zmloggerctl stop
    Stopping logswatch...ps -ef | grep /opt/zimbra/libexec/logswatch
    Code:
      ps auxww | grep zimbra
    zimbra    2216  0.0  0.2   8128  5504 ?        Ss   20:11   0:00 /opt/zimbra/libexec/logswatch --config-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/logswatchrc --use-cpan-file-tail --pid-file=/opt/zimbra/log/logswatch.pid --daemon --script-dir=/opt/zimbra/data/tmp -t /var/log/zimbra-stats.log
    zimbra    2217  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    20:11   0:00 [zmlogger] 
    zimbra    2318  0.0  0.1   7172  3608 ?        S    20:11   0:00 zmlogger: zmrrdfetch: server
    root      7554  0.0  0.0   3144   772 pts/0    S+   22:51   0:00 grep zimbra

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    On the server that is running logger, you will need to add '-r' to the syslogd process arguments (enable remote syslog).

    Quote Originally Posted by klnasveschuk View Post
    I'm getting the same thing after an upgrade from 5.0.18 to 6.0.2 in /opt/zimbra/zmstat/zmstat.out
    Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmstat-allprocs line 118

    syslog.conf:
    ...
    local0.* -/var/log/zimbra.log
    local1.* -/var/log/zimbra-stats.log
    auth.* -/var/log/zimbra.log
    mail.* -/var/log/zimbra.log

    Global server status shows statistics, individual server status shows nothing.

    I added a second server after this upgrade for archiving and discovery (per How Discovery Works) and I have the same problem.

    Also admin GUI server status shows stats down on the main server, mailbox and stats down on the archive server. zmcontrol shows:

    zimbra@mail-archive:~$ zmcontrol status
    Host mail-archive.mbl.edu
    mailbox Running
    stats Running

    Anyone else had success fixing this problem?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    First, do not run zmlogger from the commandline. if you wish to start and stop logger, you must call zmloggerctl stop/start. killall zmlogger to make sure all processes are stopped from your incorrect invocation (ps ax | grep zmlogger to make sure they are gone).

    Secondly, you appear not to receive any data in /var/log/zimbra-stats.log (please verify that your configuration is correct in that syslog data is being sent there [tail /var/log/zimbra-stats.log] anything?)

    No data in /var/log/zimbra-stats.log = no data in logger

    Quote Originally Posted by HidX View Post
    There was a problem with daily disconnection statistics (after upgrade 6.0.1 to 6.0.2). Read this topic, I did the following:

    Code:
    rm -r /opt/zimbra/logger/db/data/*
    ./zmfixperms --verbose --extended
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup
    Then I tried to execute command: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger&

    The answer was:


    As a result, statistics in general ceased to work ... All sections shown "no data available". In the "drive" there's nothing at all, even the message "no data available". Works only sections of user sessions and quotas.

    Here's my diagnostic data:

    Code:
    zmcontrol status
    Host mail.domen.ru
            antispam                Running
            antivirus               Running
            ldap                    Running
            logger                  Running
            mailbox                 Running
            mta                     Running
            snmp                    Running
            spell                   Running
            stats                   Running




    Code:
    zimbra@mail:/home/maks$ ps ax | grep zmlogger
     3823 ?        Z      0:00 [zmlogger] 
     3915 ?        S      0:00 zmlogger: zmrrdfetch: server
     9608 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep zmlogger
    Code:
    zimbra@mail:/home/maks$ /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch -f zmmtastats
    no structure found for zmmtastats at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch line 225.
    Code:
    zimbra@mail:/home/maks$ /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch -c -f zmmtastats
    no structure found for zmmtastats at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch line 225.
    Code:
    zimbra@mail:/home/maks$ grep -w MTA /var/log/zimbra-stats.log
    Nothing showed - At the time of 10:00 am
    Code:
    zimbra@mail:/home/maks$ zmsoap -z GetLoggerStatsRequest stats/@name=zmmtastats | head -20
    


    Help please. What can I do in this situation?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfnguyen View Post
    First, do not run zmlogger from the commandline. if you wish to start and stop logger, you must call zmloggerctl stop/start. killall zmlogger to make sure all processes are stopped from your incorrect invocation (ps ax | grep zmlogger to make sure they are gone).

    Secondly, you appear not to receive any data in /var/log/zimbra-stats.log (please verify that your configuration is correct in that syslog data is being sent there [tail /var/log/zimbra-stats.log] anything?)

    No data in /var/log/zimbra-stats.log = no data in logger
    I understand.
    Actually I came to where to begin my problem.

    After these operations (as "root"), statistics earned:

    Code:
    /etc/init.d/zimbra stop
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup 
    /etc/init.d/rsyslog restart 
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms 
    /etc/init.d/zimbra start
    In the file "/etc/rsyslog.conf", add the following lines:

    Code:
    daemon.*;mail.*;\
            news.err;\
            *.=debug;*.=info;\
            *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/xconsole
    local0.*                -/var/log/zimbra.log
    local1.*                -/var/log/zimbra-stats.log
    auth.*                  -/var/log/zimbra.log
    mail.*                -/var/log/zimbra.log

    and in the log "/var/log/zimbra-stats.log" began to receive data.
    The directory "/opt/zimbra/ logger" AK is beginning to fill with data (before she ever took 44kb).

    But the statistics still show stops at exactly 6:24 am Moscow time:

    Message: system failure: Unable to read logger stats
    Error: service.FAILURE Method: GetLoggerStatsRequest
    Details: soap: Receive
    It is not critical, but not pleasant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (28.8 KB, 282 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (42.3 KB, 282 views)

Similar Threads

  1. Messages not being delivered
    By buee in forum Administrators
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 11:28 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 01:53 AM
  3. Error after installation
    By robsontuxlinux in forum Installation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 10:48 PM
  4. zmmailboxdctl is stopped frequently..
    By tamilnandhu in forum Installation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 09:59 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •