Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC4 / Zimbra ... I feel like I'm close.

Default FC4 / Zimbra ... I feel like I'm close.

First of all, this is one really cool app, and a well organized site and resources. I've searched extensively, taken a lot of people's advise, but am getting an error I can't quite figure out.

When I try to start, I get:

[zimbra@atlanta zcs]$ zmcontrol start
    Calling start (atlanta.mail.valuetech.net)

perl /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon &

Soap call failed: 500 read timeout at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 230

[zimbra@atlanta zcs]$ zmcontrol status
    Calling GetServiceInfoRequest (atlanta.mail.valuetech.net)

I've uninstalled / reinstalled many times, so I'm a bit lost as to what to try next.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm also willing to donate hosting resources to the project should they be needed.

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the hosting offer. Are there any errors in /opt/zimbra/log/zimbra.log or in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/*?

I'm reinstalling now, killed LDAP which was still running after ./install.sh -u

Will update you.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Hi Drew,

Thanks for the hosting offer. Are there any errors in /opt/zimbra/log/zimbra.log or in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/*?
    There is no zimbra.log and there are no tomcat logs in that directory.

If you run ps -ef | grep zimbra is anything running? If not might not be fully installed. Did you check you install log for any errors? That is in /tmp.

[zimbra@atlanta logs]$ zmcontrol reload
    Calling ReloadRequest (atlanta.mail.valuetech.net)

RESPONSE: ()
    That's the message I am getting now.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    If you run ps -ef | grep zimbra is anything running? If not might not be fully installed. Did you check you install log for any errors? That is in /tmp.
    Plenty of processes running. LDAP/MySQL ports are responding (telnet localhost 3306 / 7389)

Errors from latest install:
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)

COMMAND: zmprov cs atlanta.mail.valuetech.net
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException atlanta.mail.valuetech.net:389)
    COMMAND: zmprov cd atlanta.mail.valuetech.net
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException atlanta.mail.valuetech.net:389)
    COMMAND: zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomainName atlanta.mail.valuetech.net
    COMMAND: zmprov ca admin@atlanta.mail.valuetech.net ke4dgbx zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE
    COMMAND: zmprov aaa admin@atlanta.mail.valuetech.net postmaster@atlanta.mail.valuetech.net
    COMMAND: id=`zmprov gs atlanta.mail.valuetech.net | grep zimbraId | awk '{print $2}'`; for i in `zmprov gc default | grep zimbraMailHostPool | sed 's/zimbraMailHostPool: //'`; do host="$host zimbraMailHostPool $i"; done; zmprov mc default $host zimbraMailHostPool $id
    zmprov [cmd] [args ...]

COMMAND: zmprov ms atlanta.mail.valuetech.net zimbraServiceInstalled ldap zimbraServiceInstalled mailbox zimbraServiceInstalled mta zimbraServiceInstalled antivirus zimbraServiceInstalled antispam zimbraServiceInstalled snmp
    COMMAND: zmprov ms atlanta.mail.valuetech.net zimbraServiceEnabled ldap zimbraServiceEnabled mailbox zimbraServiceEnabled mta zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus zimbraServiceEnabled antispam zimbraServiceEnabled snmp

COMMAND: zmtlsctl http

perl /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon &

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -s > .localconfig.save.12407
    COMMAND: zmprov gs atlanta.mail.valuetech.net > .zmprov.atlanta.mail.valuetech.net.save.12407
    COMMAND: zmprov gacf atlanta.mail.valuetech.net > .zmprov.gacf.save.12407
    Sorry, I'm just having a tough time with these error messages. Any help is appreciated. If I need to, I'll move back to FC3, though FC4 is preferred. :-)

Please post the output of "ps -ef | grep zimbra" and the contents of /opt/zimbra/tomcat/catalina.out

Well looking at that install log LDAP never came up correctly. Did you create the symlinks needed for FC4?

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/faq.php..._faq_install_1

I made the needed links when I first installed. Any other ideas? I tried re-linking them, but of course the files existed.