Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Server Statistics not working on 6.0.2

Hybrid View

Default Server Statistics not working on 6.0.2

Hi,

We have recently made a migration process from openSUSE 10.3 with zcs 4.5.9 to CentOS 5.4 with zcs 6.0.2. The migration process went well, with small errors but they were fixed at the moment. We made a backup on the old server, copied it to the new one, fixed the permissions, installed the same version, after everything worked we then upgraded to 4.5.11 -> 5.0.2 -> 5.0.18 -> 6.0.2. Everything works on 6.0.2 but the Server Statistics doesn't.

When I go to Admin Console -> Server Statistics -> Mailbox Quota I get the following exception.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
    Timestamp: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:21:14 UTC

Line: 4906
    Char: 2
    Code: 0
    URI: https://mail.myserver.com:7071/zimbr...v=091020192731

Server Statistics -> Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus Activity or Message Volume or Message Count. I get the following error:

Message: system failure: unable to get globalgrant Error code:
    service:FAILURE Method: GetLoggerStatsRequested Details:soap:Receiver

When I go to certificates and click on the certificate that is there, I get:
    Message: system failure: unable to get globalgrant Error code: service.FAILURE Method: GetCertRequest Details:soap:Receiver

I have tried everything I could get. I followed the steps from over here:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...-problems.html and here Mail Queue Monitoring - Zimbra :: Wiki , even recreated all the certificates, and still nothing.

It would be very appreciated if you could tell me what the problem is.

Thanks in advanced.

any ideas ? I've tried everything and nothing seems to work...

thanks

Unhappy Anybody there?

Guys,

We switched from openSuse to CentOS, because you recommended it's the best way to go for the OS version.. also upgraded to the latest version because we considered it's safe, and now we have all these "bugs"?
    Beside bsarandan mentioned, we also had problems with the filters - see bug Bug 42149 – Mail filters with "does not" options are not saved correctly, which caused us some real pain here..
    I don't want to point fingers here, but won't these bugs supposed to be eliminated in the beta versions? Nevertheless, I'm also a software engineer (software developer) and I understand that this is not always possible, but the least I'd expect is to help us out in fixing/solving the situations bsarandan mentioned..this server is already in production so we're working on the clock here..
    any advice from you would be a step ahead at this point..
    Last edited by sergiumartin; 11-12-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Thumbs down disappointed

the least i expect seems to be a little to much here..i bet (in fact i know) that if this problem had occurred on the other mail server where we have the Network edition, things would have been different..but because zimbra version 6 seems to be "buggy" and no one here is willing to help..we will probably upgrade the NE only to version 5.0.18..

Well the only other posts on the forum with a similar error is this thread http://www.zimbra.com/forums/migrati...platforms.html where the person had tried to skip a few steps in the upgrade process. They were also migrating from openSUSE to CentOS. The last thing they posted was saying they were going to try upgrading the openSUSE install to a current version and then moving the servers, so I can only assume that fixed their problem for them.

Instead of migrating to CentOS and then upgrading, have you tried upgrading on openSUSE and then migrating? It shouldn't make any difference, but it's the only thing I can think of that might help.

You might want to submit a bug on Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra.

Unhappy

Actually this is our second migration so we have followed every step in the process, we already migrate once from openSUSE to centOS and everything was ok.

Yes, we have upgraded to the last version supported for openSUSE and that is 5.0.18 and after that we did the migration. Since this is a very important part in our company I`ve doubled checked everything on the old server to be sure that everything is working at 100%. After the migration I also checked everything to see if it's working on the new server and just after that I upgraded to the last version of zimbra. Everything is working well. Like I said, I`ve tried every instruction from every post I`ve read and nothing seems to work for us.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Could you try reproducing the error in firefox and in the error console clicking on the like to the source code? It should link you to the line in the source code.

Does it look like this?
    Code:
    if(!resp && !this._currentRequest.cancelled) {
    That is line 4906 of the Admin_all.js script, the line right after that throws an excepting which might relate to the error you got of an exception being thrown but not caught.

Also is there any further information in /var/log/zimbra.log or /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneMagus View Post
    Could you try reproducing the error in firefox and in the error console clicking on the like to the source code? It should link you to the line in the source code.

Does it look like this?
    Code:
    if(!resp && !this._currentRequest.cancelled) {
    That is line 4906 of the Admin_all.js script, the line right after that throws an excepting which might relate to the error you got of an exception being thrown but not caught.

Also is there any further information in /var/log/zimbra.log or /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log?
    First of all, thanks ArcaneMagus for trying to help us .

If we try to reproduce it from Firefox we get a different message..see the attached image file.

Here is what i found in mailbox.log, related to the above error :

2009-11-14 08:22:39,775 INFO [btpool0-5://mail.myserver.com:7071/service/admin/soap/GetLoggerStatsRequest] [name=admin@myserver.com;mid=2;ip=82.77.36.19;ua=Zi mbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Win);] SoapEng\
    ine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: unable to get globalgrant
    ExceptionId:btpool0-5://mail.myserver.com:7071/service/admin/soap/GetLoggerStatsRequest:1258208559775:c118b7b7a6566d 9f
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:247)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.getGlo balGrant(LdapProvisioning.java:451)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminAccessControl$ACL AccessControl.checkRight(AdminAccessControl.java:5 34)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminDocumentHandler.c heckRight(AdminDocumentHandler.java:373)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminDocumentHandler.c heckRight(AdminDocumentHandler.java:342)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetLoggerStats.handle( GetLoggerStats.java:108)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:418)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:272)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:156)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:291)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:212)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:181)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:502)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:132)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:379)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:418)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(Debu gHandler.java:77)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:525)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:882)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:747)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:387)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; remaining name 'cn=globalgrant,cn=zimbra'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.jav a:3066)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2987)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2794)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_getAttributes(LdapCtx. java:1309)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_get Attributes(ComponentDirContext.java:213)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.getAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:12 1)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttrib utes(InitialDirContext.java:133)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttrib utes(InitialDirContext.java:128)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.ZimbraLdapContext.getAt tributes(ZimbraLdapContext.java:618)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.getGlo balGrant(LdapProvisioning.java:448)
    ... 37 more
    Attached Images Attached Images

hmm..this is probably related to our problem: i also noticed that since we upgraded (about a week ago) we have in mailbox.log files, lots of exceptions like this :

2009-11-06 00:00:20,996 WARN [LmtpServer-7360] [name=ipomian@myserver.com;mid=25;ip=192.168.29.8;] ParsedMessage - exception while analyzing message; message will be partially indexed
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandlerManager.lookUpMimeTy peInfo(MimeHandlerManager.java:196)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandlerManager.loadHandler( MimeHandlerManager.java:119)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandlerManager.getMimeHandl er(MimeHandlerManager.java:82)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedMessage.analyzePart(Parse dMessage.java:1049)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedMessage.analyzeBodyParts( ParsedMessage.java:385)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedMessage.getFragment(Parse dMessage.java:635)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.encodeMetadata(Messa ge.java:1008)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.createInternal(Messa ge.java:426)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.create(Message.java: 360)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessageInternal(M ailbox.java:4446)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4293)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4226)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4186)
    at com.zimbra.cs.filter.FilterUtil.addMessage(FilterU til.java:280)
    at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.fileIn to(IncomingMessageHandler.java:86)
    at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.fileInto(Zi mbraMailAdapter.java:324)
    at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.executeActi ons(ZimbraMailAdapter.java:201)
    at org.apache.jsieve.SieveFactory.evaluate(SieveFacto ry.java:164)
    at com.zimbra.cs.filter.RuleManager.applyRulesToIncom ingMessage(RuleManager.java:348)
    at com.zimbra.cs.filter.RuleManager.applyRulesToIncom ingMessage(RuleManager.java:311)
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.ZimbraLmtpBackend.deliver MessageToLocalMailboxes(ZimbraLmtpBackend.java:425 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.ZimbraLmtpBackend.deliver MessageToLocalMailboxes(ZimbraLmtpBackend.java:257 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.ZimbraLmtpBackend.deliver (ZimbraLmtpBackend.java:162)
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.LmtpHandler.processMessag eData(LmtpHandler.java:365)
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.TcpLmtpHandler.continueDA TA(TcpLmtpHandler.java:72)
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.LmtpHandler.doDATA(LmtpHa ndler.java:350)
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.LmtpHandler.processComman d(LmtpHandler.java:170)
    at com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.TcpLmtpHandler.processCom mand(TcpLmtpHandler.java:66)
    at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.processCon nection(ProtocolHandler.java:175)
    at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(Protoc olHandler.java:132)
    at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Wo rker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

maybe we should try to reindex users mailboxes..? we will search more related to these new exceptions i found and hope this will help us.
    Last edited by sergiumartin; 11-14-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Actually serguimartin that index error is: Bug 42599 – Message causes NPE on ReIndex - indexing blocked
    You can see some more discussion on that in this thread: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...e-6-0-1-a.html

As for the problem described in this thread... here is a wild guess but what do the olcAccess lines in
    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config/cn\=config/olcDatabase\=\{2\}hdb.ldif
    look like?