Thread: Multi Server Installation: 2 Zimbra-store's ?

Default Multi Server Installation: 2 Zimbra-store's ?

I have followed this PDF ( http://files.zimbra.com/website/.../...%20Install.pdf ) in order to do Multiserver installation, which resulted in the following layout:

1 Zimbra LDAP MASTER
    1 Zimbra LDAP Slave
    1 Zimbra Store
    2 Zimbra MTA's

Now we need to get one more Zimbra Store in order to distribute system's load.

We are currently using a SAN mounted on /opt/zimbra/store in order to have mail storage on it which can be accesed from both servers at the same time (of course it has some limitations, but it's possible).

I understand we need zimbra-proxy in order to balance which users go to which server, but we are unable to find any good documentation on how to do this safely. Also we don't know if sharing /opt/zimbra/store onto two servers running zimbra-store will be good for it.

Any information will be great!

Thanks in advance,

We have recently setup a mail proxy that sits in front of 3 mail stores. First, each mail store is essentially its own Zimbra environment. I would recommend that they not share storage. They can reside on the same SAN, but each with its own set of data.

As for the proxy setup, we followed:
    Working with Zimbra Proxy

Thanks alex for your reply!

I've followed that tutorial and got zimbra proxy isntalled and configured.

But I now wonder how does store "user" balancing works. Should I have to define where does a user live (in which zimbra-store) ? Does it do it automatically ?

How are you doing so ?

Thankz!

I work for a university, so we have 2 main user classes. Students, and everyone else. In our setup, the students are balanced to 3 mail stores, and everyone else is on another one. We have the "Server Pool", in the admin console, limited to the 3 student mail stores on the Student class of service. Each time an account is created, either through the interface, or via zmprov, it will iterate through the mail servers so the accounts are split across all the mail stores.