Thread: Incorrect domain name appended to outgoing mails

Default Incorrect domain name appended to outgoing mails

Hello,

I have completed the setup of ZCS 6.0.3.

I have also successfully setup the AD authentication and GAL.

The AD domain that has been setup is stcl.com.local. When a user sends out mail using webmail, the mail goes out with sender's address as user@stcl.com.local.satconet.com. I want to set it as @stcl.com but it goes out with incorrect address @stcl.com.local.satconet.com

@stcl.com.local is the AD domain where I get authenticated, .satconet.com is the external MTA that is used to send out the email to the rest of the world.

Please assist on how I can resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Dhyanesh

Default Incorrect domain name appended to outgoing mails

Hello all,

Any help or pointers to where I can find more information to resolve this issue will be appreciated. Please assist.

Thank you.

Dhyanesh Ramaiya

Check out Domain Masquerading on the WIKI

Managing Domains - Zimbra :: Wiki

Hello liverpoolfcfan,

I did try to setup Domain Masquerading as indicated in the WIKI. However, the mails still go out as @stcl.com.local.satconet.com.

Let me try to explain the problem again - The AD domain that is added on Zimbra is @stcl.com.local. When a user sends out an email from web interface, it is received by the recipient with mail address of @stcl.com.local.satconet.com. satconet.com is not added anywhere on Zimbra.

Thank you.

Dhyanesh

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dhyanesh View Post
    @stcl.com.local is the AD domain where I get authenticated, .satconet.com is the external MTA that is used to send out the email to the rest of the world.
    Why are you using a relay instead of letting Zimbra deliver the mail? Where does the relay MTA reside (in your LAN)? The likelihood is that your relay MTA is making the change to your mail.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The first time I set up zim I had the same problem - my server name=mail.mydomain.com, and my mail was going to user@mail.mydomain.com instead of user@mydomain.com - Turned out that I had given the wrong answers to the install script - mixed up the domain with the host server's fqdn. In the setup script, tell it your domain name is mydomain.com - actually if I remember right, I put it in right, but when the install script shows you the config (where you enter the password, etc) It showed that the admin account (and spam accounts) were going to be admin@mail.mydomain.com etc, so I caught it...)

(may have to reinstall) don't know if there's a way to just change it without reinstall.