Thread: zimbra couldn't send mail to gmail or yahoo

Default zimbra couldn't send mail to gmail or yahoo

hello all,

i was installed mail server zimbra on ubuntu server 8.04 and i tested for sending mail to other user with same mail server then email has been sent and received normally and succesfully.but when we have send mail to other mail server like gmail or yahoo, email couldn't sent or failed. but we have received email from gmail and yahoo. what is it problem?couldn't sent but could recevied from gmail and yahoo.

a huge thanks...
    Yudha

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alfathin View Post
    i was installed mail server zimbra on ubuntu server 8.04 and i tested for sending mail to other user with same mail server then email has been sent and received normally and succesfully.but when we have send mail to other mail server like gmail or yahoo, email couldn't sent or failed. but we have received email from gmail and yahoo. what is it problem?couldn't sent but could recevied from gmail and yahoo.
    It's impossible to answer your question as you've given no details of your Zimbra version and release nor any details of the error messages you receive from Yahoo or Gmail. Did you search the forums as this question has been asked before, perhaps your problem is the same?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

hi bill

zimbra version that i'm used is zimbra zcs-5.0.18 for ubuntu 8.04. i was search on this forum but seems not suitable with my problems.i forgot error message display when i'm send mail. need your advice about it. just info for internet access i'm using ADSL connection and i've one public IP from ISP but this IP only Modem IP. i'm tried to set DMZ on modem to private IP (192.168.1.91).

any Help will be greatly appreciated

Yudha

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It's impossible to give you any advice without details of the error, have a look in the log files and see what's there. Try sending another email to yahoo or gmal and see what errors you get.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Shot-in-the-dark idea here, is it the 'use dns lookups' option in the MTA? I think I've seen similar issues in this area, try turning that on (or off if it's on) and test again, or try setting the smtp relay address to that of your isp.

That's a wild guess though, the log files should show where the problem actually is.