Thread: Timeline to Mac OSX 10.6 support

Default Timeline to Mac OSX 10.6 support

Hello,

we will like to know what is the timeline to Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.

Thank you.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by skenkin View Post
    we will like to know what is the timeline to Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.
    Check bugzilla and the Product Portal for details.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Come on Bill, this is a valid question and your response couldn't be more vague. Do you have a specific link of reference in bugzilla (bug number) or portal link? I believe Zimbra is way behind in there support of Mac OS X and it will be affecting many in there decision over other mail servers in the coming months if Zimbra can't get 6.x ported to 10.5GA at least, not to mention 10.6GA.

Quote Originally Posted by MOlin View Post
    Come on Bill, this is a valid question and your response couldn't be more vague. Do you have a specific link of reference in bugzilla (bug number) or portal link? I believe Zimbra is way behind in there support of Mac OS X and it will be affecting many in there decision over other mail servers in the coming months if Zimbra can't get 6.x ported to 10.5GA at least, not to mention 10.6GA.
    I'm guessing it was more of a "teach to fish" response. If you go to the 6.0 release in the product portal and search for "Snow Leopard", there's only two bugs.. No mention on a timeline, but Zimbra rarely gives out timelines on things like that.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MOlin View Post
    Do you have a specific link of reference in bugzilla (bug number) or portal link?.
    Do you believe I actually know all the bug numbers of the top of my head? Go to bugzilla (or search the forums as I believe it's been mentioned recently) and enter the word 'leopard', you'll find what you need.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Do you believe I actually know all the bug numbers of the top of my head? Go to bugzilla (or search the forums as I believe it's been mentioned recently) and enter the word 'leopard', you'll find what you need.
    I do find references to "Snow Leopard" 10.6 and 1 for Leopard 10.5, but 10.5 has been out for 1.5 years and was available to developers for over 2 years. I don't accept this to be an Apple issue only, Zimbra has made it a low priority when it comes to the Mac platform, and that's going to hurt them long-term. Many universities are standardizing with the Mac platform as well as SMB's like my company. This is what attracted me to Zimbra over Kerio and others, I hope it was a wise move.

I did not intend to create a debate just to point out that Zimbra is falling behind in the Mac platform and there quality of GA releases.

-Mike