I'm having a problem where I changed IP addresses on a stand-alone Zimbra server. After doing so, the zmmailboxdctl does not startup.
This is running on:
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 with all the latest software updates (Not Snow Leopard)
- Zimbra 6.0.3 FOSS
The checks I have made are:
- Verified /etc/hosts is updated
- Verified DNS is working properly (and MX records)
--- Note: Only IP address changed, not hostname
- Verified firewall rules (they are wide-open)
- Verified nothing else is using these ports, 8443, 993, 7071 (lsof)
- Verified /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Home/lib/security/cacerts is owned by zimbra:zimbra with u+w permissions for zimbra
- Verified SSL certificates are valid (not expired), using RapidSSL
- Tried using a self-signed certificate which also does not startup zmmailboxd
- Tried restarting Zimbra (verified no zimbra processes were running before running zmcontrol start)
- Tried rebooting several times
- and yes, its plugged-in. Ethernet cable, power, etc.. can access the Internet....
- and also tried many different fixes posted on this forum.... still no luck.
The errors in /var/log/system.log is:
zmmailboxdmgr: mailboxd/JVM exited twice in 1 seconds (tolerance=60)
The errors I receive in /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out are:
Total time for which application threads were stopped: 0.0000912 seconds
Zimbra server reserving server socket port=110 bindaddr=null ssl=false
Zimbra server reserving server socket port=995 bindaddr=null ssl=true
Fatal error: exception while binding to ports
java.net.SocketException: Unbound server sockets not implemented
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially in a server-down situation.
Will throw in a $20 iTunes gift card to the first one who comes up with the fix?