Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAS and SAN for storage

What I meant is, as Mark said, is that NFS was not found reliable enough by Zimbra.
    That's why the install scripts forbids it and that why (IIRC), you're out of support if you're using it for the main volumes.

I'm using NFS myself for my ZCS' backups and I'm really happy with it.
    But I spent time to get it work nicely, in a stable and way...

Default Vmware on NFS

Hello,

We run Zimbra in a VMware virtualized environment, which seems like a prescient idea given the recent news. Our image files reside on an NFS share. Zimbra thinks it has physically attached disks, but the data is sitting on top of NFS. Any concerns with this model? It has worked very well for us so far, but we have a very small (less than 200 mailboxes) environment.

Thanks!
    Chris Dunbar

So it looks like my NAs solution will work. It's not from NTAP but just as enterprise class and much faster than NTAP. It's a BlueArc system.

My next hurdle is scale. I'm looking to put 250,000 to 400,000 clients on the system. Since we're switching form another platform we'll be using plenty of very high-end servers and some space on our Bluearc system (which also runs our current email platform perfectly via NFS mounts).

Has anyone (or a number of people) deployed Zimbra systems this large?

I should have mentioned that we're currently running 6x GigE trunked lines off of our Bluearc system and we can keep all of them full - ~700MB/s but we're looking to move to multiple 10GigE lines from our NAS system when we refresh the disk arrays.