Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: 6.0.6 com_zimbra_email causing endless loading when viewing message

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    7

    Default 6.0.6 com_zimbra_email causing endless loading when viewing message

    I just had a customer call - they were trying to view their messages by double clicking one and having it open in a new window. It would sit on endless "loading.." and never show the message in the new window. They show up fine in the preview pane but not the new window. I used remote support to verify it on his machine, then tested it on my own and it did the same. We had to disable the "com_zimbra_email" zimlet in order to get this to work again.

    Anyone else want to confirm?
    - SLM -

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that no zimlets are working in new windows.. DnD and now this... I have tested in Firefox 3.6.3 and IE 8 - here is the message I pulled from the javascript error area of IE 8..

    Code:
    Webpage error details
    
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.1)
    Timestamp: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:31:25 UTC
    
    
    Message: 'ZmContact' is undefined
    Line: 141
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: https://com/service/zimlet/com_zimbra_email/email.js?v=100406132455&language=en&country=US
    - SLM -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Firing up my XP VM and will see whether I get the same.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    No issues in IE8 at all ... dragging down FF3.6 now. I know a silly question but have you completely flushed the browser caches ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    No issues in IE8 at all ... dragging down FF3.6 now. I know a silly question but have you completely flushed the browser caches ?
    Yup - it's not the cache.. But what it is something to do with security settings. I logged in as the main administrator account for the server, and it can view the messages without an issue with the zimlet enabled. So someplace there is a security setting thats wrong and either didn't convert with the upgrade, or wasn't set to begin with.

    I'll post when I know more -

    Thanks!
    - SLM -

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Have just tried with FF3.6.3 under XP and no issues at all. Do you have any additional IE or FF plugins enabled ? My installation is completely vanilla.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Have just tried with FF3.6.3 under XP and no issues at all. Do you have any additional IE or FF plugins enabled ? My installation is completely vanilla.
    Nope - I'm pretty sure its a security setting. What's strange is that it works in the preview window - but not in the new windows that are generated when you have the "Double-Click opens message in new window" option turned on in Mail preferences for the user account..
    - SLM -

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Have you allowed pop-ups to your server ? Are you using a self signed cert ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Have you allowed pop-ups to your server ? Are you using a self signed cert ?
    Yup - and our SSL is issued through GoDaddy for our server and its working. When logging in as the "admin" account - the new windows work without an issue. But on my account, it only works in the preview pane, and new windows just say loading..

    Even editing my account and checking the "Global Administrator" box does not allow it to work. Nor does checking Administrator.... Each time I try any of these settings btw, I click logout before, clear the cache, then try.
    - SLM -

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Have you set any of the following attributes for the domain?

    zimbraPublicServiceHostname

    zimbraPublicServiceProtocol

    zimbraPublicServicePort

Similar Threads

  1. 'Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server"
    By chirag1 in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 06:14 PM
  2. Viewing message queue
    By phingers in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 10:35 AM
  3. [SOLVED] Zimbra desktop slowed down the system
    By hvle in forum General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
  4. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 01:42 AM
  5. Emails bouncing with "Error Text: 401,'null'"
    By sholden in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •