Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] 5.0.13 to 6.0.6 upgrade?

Default [SOLVED] 5.0.13 to 6.0.6 upgrade?

I did a search of this forum and didn't find a definite answer so here is my question.

I am currently running 5.0.13 and as of the 15 the Virus and Spam filters just quit working. Now I am faced with an upgrade.

I would like to just upgrade the current machine, but what issues do I face with doing this? The server is still running but NO ClamAv or Spamassassin.

I would like to just do an in place upgrade, have the server down for an hour or so and be able to have it back up quickly. My users are going to freak if its down all day.

The other option, that I am trying to avoid is to set up a new machine and install 6.0.6 on it and somehow transfer the settings and users.

If I can do an in place upgrade what would be an install script for Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS

thanks for any help you can offer

Welcome to the forums

Take a full backup of /opt/zimbra, download the correct version for your O/S and architecture, extract the tarball and then ./install.sh

Thanks for the info, if for some reason the install goes bad. Just copying the zimbra folder back will restore it to 5.0.13?

Thanks, I am going to give it a shot.. if It screws up I am going to be in a WORLD OF ISH.. but I did find a couple post that people did make the upgrade.

You also might want to read -- while understanding that it is *so* not official that I lack words :-) -- my upgrade account:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...s-nothing.html

And my older upgrade thread:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...-5-0-18-a.html
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

@Baylink Thanks for the info, I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope things go smoothly.

Backup of /opt/zimbra is done. The tar is unpacked, I am waiting until about 11pm tonight to fire off the install.

zcs-6.0.6_GA_2324.UBUNTU8.20100406144520.tar for 8.0.4 LTS anyone see an issue with that? I am sure its the right install just being paranoid I suppose..

Hi,

Lets us know how it went when its done, have the same problem here, antivirus and spam die on me on april 15. Guess i have to upgrade too.

regards

Ok no problem..

did that, didn't work. From what I am reading Zimbra worked with a specific version of ClamAv the upgrade worked but Zimbra still reported it as Failing to start.