Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: [SOLVED] 5.0.13 to 6.0.6 upgrade?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    5

    Default [SOLVED] 5.0.13 to 6.0.6 upgrade?

    I did a search of this forum and didn't find a definite answer so here is my question.

    I am currently running 5.0.13 and as of the 15 the Virus and Spam filters just quit working. Now I am faced with an upgrade.

    I would like to just upgrade the current machine, but what issues do I face with doing this? The server is still running but NO ClamAv or Spamassassin.

    I would like to just do an in place upgrade, have the server down for an hour or so and be able to have it back up quickly. My users are going to freak if its down all day.

    The other option, that I am trying to avoid is to set up a new machine and install 6.0.6 on it and somehow transfer the settings and users.

    If I can do an in place upgrade what would be an install script for Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS

    thanks for any help you can offer

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Welcome to the forums

    Take a full backup of /opt/zimbra, download the correct version for your O/S and architecture, extract the tarball and then ./install.sh

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Thanks for the info, if for some reason the install goes bad. Just copying the zimbra folder back will restore it to 5.0.13?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    25

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Thanks, I am going to give it a shot.. if It screws up I am going to be in a WORLD OF ISH.. but I did find a couple post that people did make the upgrade.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St Pete FL USA
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    You also might want to read -- while understanding that it is *so* not official that I lack words :-) -- my upgrade account:

    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...s-nothing.html

    And my older upgrade thread:

    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...-5-0-18-a.html
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

    Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    @Baylink Thanks for the info, I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope things go smoothly.

    Backup of /opt/zimbra is done. The tar is unpacked, I am waiting until about 11pm tonight to fire off the install.

    zcs-6.0.6_GA_2324.UBUNTU8.20100406144520.tar for 8.0.4 LTS anyone see an issue with that? I am sure its the right install just being paranoid I suppose..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Hi,

    Lets us know how it went when its done, have the same problem here, antivirus and spam die on me on april 15. Guess i have to upgrade too.

    regards

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Ok no problem..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    did that, didn't work. From what I am reading Zimbra worked with a specific version of ClamAv the upgrade worked but Zimbra still reported it as Failing to start.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM
  2. [SOLVED] Upgrade 6.0.5 to 6.0.6 seems to hang
    By dsent in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
  3. Upgrade from 5.0.10 to 6.0.6 on Debian 4 with NIS
    By mkudlacek in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 04:15 AM
  4. [SOLVED] problem upgrade 5.0.13
    By kamus in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 05:10 AM
  5. Upgrade to 5.0.13 has broken calendar sharing
    By launcap in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •