My intention was not to insult, I was just stating there was no need for anyone to spend time to look into the problem for me.Originally Posted by phoenix
I am running 2 Zimbra servers, one of them is running fine and authenticates fine with the same outlook/outlook express client. I looked all over these forums and found similiar questions unanswered (Do a Search on 554 Relay Access Denied). I even rewrote the main.cf file with a number of different options. My postconf looks fine, my settings look fine, I cannot find a single error outside of the zimbra.log file.
Yes, I have tried turning on SMTP auth on and off and retesting through Outlook and outlook express with the same client that works on the other Zimbra. I even mimicked that other zimbra settings. I performed all the suggestions I found, including the zmprov gs domain and comparing the MailAuth etc etc...
I have also seen a post where people were willing to pay someone to fix this for them, without a reply.
My only recourse is to install the latest version and migrate the accounts over. If I am going to do that, I may as well migrate to the enteprise edition of Mail Enable where I can pick up a phone and call someone for $50. Zimbra has their professional edition, but at a 25 user increment at $700, I'd be paying tens of thousands of dollars. I anticipate a 2000 user system. It would be cheaper at those rates for me to buy MS Exchange and then hire someone at $50,000 a year to manage it then go with Zimbra.
The feature set of Zimbra is great, thats why we went with the free version, however I can't justify those kinds of expenses to get support for it.
I'll continue to use Zimbra where I can afford it.