So I think I tried every fix in the forums over the past week, several RedHat reinstalls and what feels like dozens of Zimbra reinstalls. Nothing helped. what finally did help was actually removing my hostname.mydomain from the hosts file so it simply read:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

One I did that, the Zimbra install went smoothly, I got conformation that the services started, I was able to login to the admin page (took about 30 sec) and am now looking at the Zimbra Admin console.

I'm not going to bother posting my previous install errors unless you guys want something from them, just wanted to throw out what solved my installation problem.