Thread: Windows server install files?

Default Windows server install files?

Hello,
    I have several email accounts at sbcglobal.net, att.net and at yahoo.com, which are now all accessed through yahoo mail. I have installed Zimbra desktop so I can view all six in one place rather than signing in and out of yahoo mail 6 times which is rather annoying.

I would like to use Zimbra via the web. I have a web hosting account which is on a (shared) Windows server. I have read in several places that Zimbra open source can be installed on windows server, however, I cannot find the windows installation files. Where do I find the proper files and instructions for a windows install?

Thanks,
    Sup

p.s. Zimbra desktop can access my (free) yahoo.com account, can the web version also access this account?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sufax View Post
    Hello,
    I have several email accounts at sbcglobal.net, att.net and at yahoo.com, which are now all accessed through yahoo mail. I have installed Zimbra desktop so I can view all six in one place rather than signing in and out of yahoo mail 6 times which is rather annoying.

I would like to use Zimbra via the web. I have a web hosting account which is on a (shared) Windows server. I have read in several places that Zimbra open source can be installed on windows server, however, I cannot find the windows installation files. Where do I find the proper files and instructions for a windows install?

Thanks,
    Sup

p.s. Zimbra desktop can access my (free) yahoo.com account, can the web version also access this account?
    I think you're confusing two product here. The Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a full collaboration suite (including mail server and Web UI front end) and Zimbra Desktop which is a mail client that can access multiple accounts on Gmail, Yahoo, IMAP, POp3 and a Zimbra server (to name a few). Zimbra Desktop comes in MAC, Windows and Linux versions, and Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a MAC and Linux only product. Now, having said that can you tell me which product you're talking about and for which environment?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry for the confusion. I understand that there are 2 different products, Zimbra desktop (installed software) and Zimbra collaboration suite (web based product).

I am successfully using Zimbra desktop, which is working great for me when I am at my computer. What I am trying to do is set up a web based version that will be available to me no matter where I am. If this requires both a web server install and a web client, that would be great, so long as I can "fetch" mail from my various email accounts. As far as "ZCS open source", I really don't need the extra features in the full ZCS application, so I'm hoping I can get this done with the free "ZCS open source" version.

Back to the windows question. Among other posts, I found this one on a Zimbra blog stating that ZCS can be installed on a windows server:
    Introducing ZCS for Windows Server Zimbra :: Blog
    However, there do not appear to be any windows install files, or instructions to be downloaded.

I may have confused you with my p.s. about the "free yahoo" account. Free yahoo accounts do not allow pop access, though Zimbra desktop can "fetch" free yahoo mail anyway. I was wondering if ZCS has the same "special" capability.

Thanks for your assistance,
    Sup

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Sorry for the confusion. I understand that there are 2 different products, Zimbra desktop (installed software) and Zimbra collaboration suite (web based product).
    That's OK, I just wanted to make sure you knew there were two different products and the bit about windows installation files threw me.

Back to the windows question. Among other posts, I found this one on a Zimbra blog stating that ZCS can be installed on a windows server:
    Introducing ZCS for Windows Server Zimbra :: Blog
    Ah that explains it, I hate to disappoint you but there's no Windows version of Zimbra - it's a MAC or Linux. Go back to the article in the blog and have a look at the 'Update' comment just under the title.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.