Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Install Zimbra For Intranet ????

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Install Zimbra For Intranet ????

    i want to install Zimbra For Intranet (Local Host) As InternetMail, can Zimbra Support this For Intranet ??? because my office doesn't have internet connection just Only Mini LAN.

    And What's The Difference between Configuration ?????
    anybody have sample install Zimbra Offline ? Sorry i'm just newbie in Linux And Zimbra But I Want To Study More About it ^^.

    Help If U Can, Thx For Your Kindness ^^

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suryodesign View Post
    i want to install Zimbra For Intranet (Local Host) As InternetMail, can Zimbra Support this For Intranet ??? because my office doesn't have internet connection just Only Mini LAN.
    Yes, it will work in this situation and installation is the same whether it's on a LAN or Public IP - you will need to set-up a Split DNS and make sure your hosts file is correct (check the Quick Start Installation Guide). You should also search the forums and read the documentation for details on how to install and manage Zimbra.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Yes, it will work in this situation and installation is the same whether it's on a LAN or Public IP - you will need to set-up a Split DNS and make sure your hosts file is correct (check the Quick Start Installation Guide). You should also search the forums and read the documentation for details on how to install and manage Zimbra.
    Thx For The Advice Phoenix , Depend On The Operating System , Which is Stabil Between Ubuntu 8.04 Or Fedora 11 ????? I'm Still Confuse Which One is Better ???

    thx for ur kindness Phoenix ^^

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suryodesign View Post
    Thx For The Advice Phoenix , Depend On The Operating System , Which is Stabil Between Ubuntu 8.04 Or Fedora 11 ????? I'm Still Confuse Which One is Better ???
    Use CentOS5 and install the RHEL5 build of Zimbra.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Use CentOS5 and install the RHEL5 build of Zimbra.
    I Look @ Internet , Centos 5 DVD, it's too much for me , My Conection download Ubuntu 700MB Need 1 Day , I Only Have A Choice Ubuntu Or Fedora 11, And If My Computer @ Home doesn't Have Internet Connection can we installl Zimbra ???? I Look We Must install Bind With Command "apt-get install bind9" And Other Library ????

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suryodesign View Post
    I Look @ Internet , Centos 5 DVD, it's too much for me , My Conection download Ubuntu 700MB Need 1 Day , I Only Have A Choice Ubuntu Or Fedora 11, And If My Computer @ Home doesn't Have Internet Connection can we installl Zimbra ???? I Look We Must install Bind With Command "apt-get install bind9" And Other Library ????
    if u choice an ubuntu package u must have an internet connection to update and install.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Yeah, you'll want to have an Internet connection while you install if at all possible to get the prerequisites. If the choice is between Ubuntu and Fedora, I'd say Ubuntu, but it's all personal preference.

    You'll need:
    Code:
    apt-get install libpcre3 libgmp3c2 libstdc++5
    (can get any other steps from the Zimbra :: Wiki)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 11:15 PM
  2. Recover the mail after the crash HDD
    By MrSnaKe in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:38 AM
  3. postfix relay=none status=bounced for local mails
    By vdd in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM
  4. Cleanup after many upgrades
    By tobru in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 09:21 AM
  5. Zimbra server crashed
    By goetzi in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •