Thread: 5.0.1 CE - copy emails only to new server, how?

Default 5.0.1 CE - copy emails only to new server, how?

Running ZCS 5x on Ubuntu 8.04
    I'm unable to upgrade as it returns with an error and I'm unable to use the GUI for admin access (it logs me on but never provides the next screen display). In all other respects it works correctly and I do all the admin via the command line.

However, I want to upgrade to 6x and be able to use the GUI etc. I only have 20 users so can recreate them by hand and they are in the habit of backing up their calendars and disaster recovery to the installed system works correctly.

Question - using the Community edition, how can I copy ONLY the emails from user accounts on the existing to the new machine OR can I simply do a SQL dump and restore (if so, how)? Am I likely to hit any LDAP issues doing that?

Any other ideas? I haven't found anything in the forum matching my need but if I've missed something can you point me in the right direction?

--
    Thanks,
    Derek

you can't do this this at teh same time as an upgrade to 6. you would have to setup the same version on the new server, and copy all the ldap, sql, and blobs data over and then try to upgrade that, meaning you could very well hit the same problem again.

Yes, you've summed it up. I've already tried that and the problem simply replicates itself on the new server.
    I suppose I will have to build a new, non-Zimbra, IMAP server, do a standard email transfer, build the new ZCS server, post the emails back then upgrade.
    What a pain but thanks for your comment.

you could build the new server and use imapsycn to sync the two. you'll have to manually create all the accounts on the new serbver, but it sounds like you've resigned yourself to doing that already.