Thread: Using Zimbra as SMTP Only - Problem with domain

Default Using Zimbra as SMTP Only - Problem with domain

Hey guys!!

I have a zimbra server that I configured just for SMTP use. I don't have any accounts per person but a global SMTP account to send emails through this server.
    The issue I am having is that I have a particular domain that I have registered on the Zimbra server for sending and for some reason everytime a user sends an email through that server to that same domain, the emails get lost.
    I understand that Zimbra is thinking the mail is local mail (since the domain is registered on the server) and it's delivering the email locally to a bulk email account of some sort.
    I need all emails sent to that particular domain to go to another server on the internet.
    Is there a way for me to specify Zimbra that for the domain x.com I want all mail to be sent to an external server instead of processing it locally?
    I have this big puzzle that I wan to solve and I can't seem to find the answer.
    The Zimbra is used for SMTP purposes and I have the other server somewhere else for that domain.

Thanks much in advance,

Teo

You can change the zimbraMailTransport property for the user that it's delivering messages to, but Zimbra is really overkill for a project like this

It's something like:

Code:
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:mail.domain.com:25
    That will make Zimbra deliver messages destined to that user to the SMTP server you specify.

That can also be set on a per-domain level as well.