I'm running Zimbra 3.1.4 with all components on the same Suse 10.1 (32-bit) server. The server is in a colocation site so we are not on the same network as the server. In addition to the Apache and MySQL that are installed with Zimbra, I have an additional Apache and MySQL install running, without any problems, off of a different network card.
I installed zimbra a couple of weeks ago and it is mostly working. I covered my main issue in a separate post but I'll group the rest of the questions I have in this post.
1. I don't see anything in the docs about setting up honey pot/spam bucket accounts. Is that something that can be done? With the last email server, which used assp for spam, I had an address or two on each domain that were then put on a few of my websites as hidden links. I then identified those addresses as spam addresses in assp. In Zimbra, if I just create aliases in the spam training account for these addresses, will that amount to the same thing?
2. Since I am not on the same network as the server that is running Zimbra, I am having a problem with sending email. I get an error saying "Relay access denied". For now, all the computers are connecting to the Zimbra server through ssh tunnels to get around the problem but that is not going to work long term. I did some searching on this one but was finding stuff that was not really related. Is there somewhere that I haven't looked where there is a place to configure smtp auth or some other authentication method?
3. I followed the instructions for setting up catchall accounts on the domains that I need them on but I don't see a way to check what they are after they are set up. Also, how do I go about changing or removing them if I need to? Relating back to the first question, if I can create aliases on the spam training account to use as spam buckets, could I also set that account as the catchall for the domains that do not already have a catchall?
Now to some more trivial questions:
4. Is there a way to change the number of email accounts that are displayed on a page in the admin console?
5. When checking email through a web browser, is the mail in the trash folders cleared out at some interval or does each user need to make sure that their trash is periodically deleted?
6. For the most part, we use Eudora for email and, after installing the key the first time, it never asks about it again. We have two users who use Outlook (one on Outlook 2000, the other on 2003) for their email and it complains that the certificate is not from a trusted source quite regularly. I'm not seeing a way to tell Outlook that I trust the certificate so it will stop hassling the users. Is there an easy way to do this or am I just going to need to break down and get a real certificate?
I suppose these last three issues are more bug reports than questions. Should I post these to some bug list or are they known issues?
7. When checking email from a web browser, I have two accounts that have no email in the inbox but still are indicating that there is one unread message. Trying to set all mail as read does not fix the problem. With one of them, I know when the problem occurred. I had an thread that had three emails in it. I think I tried to delete one of those emails when the count got messed up. When I later deleted the rest of the thread, it did not fix the count.
8. With the thread I mentioned in the last issue, it also caused a problem in the trash folder. If I tried to right-click on trash and select Empty Trash, it did not delete any trash. I also couldn't delete the thread from the last issue. I deleted all of the messages except that thread by highlighting them and hitting the trash button. I was then able to delete the thread.
9. I was looking through the trash folder in IE. The first page said that it was displaying messages 1-50. I clicked on the arrow to go to the next page and it said it was displaying message 51-99, then 101-149, then 151-199 and so on.the upper number was short by 1 on all but the first one. Looking again but using Firefox, all the numbers were correct. I'm not sure if this is a Zimbra problem or an IE problem.