Thread: Junk folder and IMAP

Default Junk folder and IMAP

Hello,

I have been trying to understand how the Junk folder works in regards to training for spam. Our staff mainly use IMAP for managing their e-mail and will on occasion use webmail to check their mail when they are away from the office.

I noticed there is a Junk folder created for each user and I noticed that it is placing spam/junk mail in there now which is great. If mail that gets delivered to the inbox which is junk mail, do the users just need to drag and drop the message into the Junk folder to classify that message as being junk?

What if legitimate mail is placed in the Junk folder by the mail server? How does one go about marking it as not junk?

I noticed that there are two cryptic e-mail accounts created for spam and ham training. I assume that we can forward e-mail to these two accounts to have the forwarded message marked as spam or not spam depending on the e-mail account we use? If this is the case, can I add an alias to each of the e-mail accounts to give them friendly names (i.e. spam@ and notspam@)?

Thank you.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richard-hdd
    I noticed that there are two cryptic e-mail accounts created for spam and ham training. I assume that we can forward e-mail to these two accounts to have the forwarded message marked as spam or not spam depending on the e-mail account we use?
    Is this true? I would be interested in knowing this, too.
    Regards,

Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

"Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."

Default bug 9532?

Quote Originally Posted by richard-hdd
    I noticed there is a Junk folder created for each user and I noticed that it is placing spam/junk mail in there now which is great. If mail that gets delivered to the inbox which is junk mail, do the users just need to drag and drop the message into the Junk folder to classify that message as being junk?

What if legitimate mail is placed in the Junk folder by the mail server? How does one go about marking it as not junk?
    I think this is bug 9532. Please vote for it if you'd like to see us address this issue soon...
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Hi dkarp,

Perhaps it won't permit normal users to view the bug.

It says:
    You are not authorized to access bug #9532.
    Regards,

Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

"Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."