Thread: Zimbra on FC3: newbie issues.

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra on FC3: newbie issues.

I am a newbie when it comes to linux, but i really liked this program, so i figured i'd give it a shot...

i downloaded the the tar and when i extracted it, it wasn't in the same structure as mentioned in the install file. the install.sh script is it a totally different location.

i checked on the tar for rhel4 and it corresponded to the structure on the web site.

is there something i have to do the the FC3 files once they are extracted to put them in the right structure? im just confused on how to get this whole thing started.

thanks for all your help. i really would like to get zimbra up and running, but i don't have much linux experience.

Quote Originally Posted by drogers
    I am a newbie when it comes to linux, but i really liked this program, so i figured i'd give it a shot...

i downloaded the the tar and when i extracted it, it wasn't in the same structure as mentioned in the install file. the install.sh script is it a totally different location.

i checked on the tar for rhel4 and it corresponded to the structure on the web site.

is there something i have to do the the FC3 files once they are extracted to put them in the right structure? im just confused on how to get this whole thing started.

thanks for all your help. i really would like to get zimbra up and running, but i don't have much linux experience.

There are three different downloads, you want the Fedora Core 3

http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/sour...index.php?dl=3

My guess is you got the "Source" which needs to be built first.

Thanks. yeah, for some reason i was grabbing that file, but i got it straight off the download page. strange. im DLing the new file now.