Thread: EVERYTHING works, except for zmprov!!

Unhappy EVERYTHING works, except for zmprov!!

Hello,

I have read as many of the vast forum entries as I could and have worked my way through most of my issues. I am installing the open source version of Zimbra on an OSX machine.

My environment includes Apache on port 80, and for Zimbra:

Port 8080 - Standard non-SSL Webmail Login,
    Port 8443 - SSL Webmail Login, and
    Port 8000 - Zimbra Admin Console.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the above web-based interfaces seem to work as they should. I have the web GUI working in mixed mode as well. I even have Apache using the mod_jk module properly in order to leverage the AJP 1.3 functionality to get Apache and Tomcat to work well together.

Just when I thought everything was A-OK, I tried to use zmprov and the error I get is as follows:

zmprov gs example.com
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    [] INFO: Retrying request
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)

I have read many posts that reference the same error, but none that seem to apply to this situation where everything works, except for zmprov. My guess is that zmprov is hard-coded to use port 7071 and that since I changed the web admin port to be 8000, zmprov is choking. However, I could be wrong.

I have updated the port numbers from 7071 to 8000 in the following files in order to get the web-based admin GUI to work properly:

service.web.xml.in
    server.xml
    server.xml.in
    zimbra.web.xml.in
    zimbraAdmin.web.xml.in

Yes, I have restarted Tomcat, Apache, and used zmcontrol to stop and start all of the zm services many times over. Nothing seems to work. Please help!

-GadgetGuru

Did you try zmprov --help? Pay close attention to the -u argument, where you specify a URL.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default Thank you!

Yup, you were correct, thank you!

I simply typed zmprov -s server@domain.comort and then whatever command I wanted to execute and it all works fine (i.e. zmprov -s example.com:8000 gs example.com).

Now, onto the next bug - wiki related. I will post a new thread!

Thanks again.

Make this persistent via
    zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_admin_service_port=8000