Thread: Ubuntu-Foss install failure libgmp3

Default Ubuntu-Foss install failure libgmp3

I attempted to upgrade my ubuntu-dapper using the 4.0.2 Ubuntu tar ball. The install failed with " libgmp3...MISSING" error.

For my current zimbra install, I had used the GA release of debian and used the Ubuntu patch from the wiki to get past the libgmp3 problem. The patch contained:

The patch code from the wiki has:
    - PREREQ_PACKAGES="sudo libidn11 curl fetchmail libgmp3 libxml2 libstdc++6 openssl"
    + PREREQ_PACKAGES="sudo libidn11 curl fetchmail libgmp3c2 libgmp3-dev libxml2 libstdc++6 openssl"

Perhaps the package requirements have not been updated on the Ubuntu release?

Mike

Interesting.. I wonder if this is just an upgrade issue. Did you try a clean install? Anybody else tested this with a clean install?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

What does /opt/zimbra/libexec/get_plat_tag.sh return?

>>What does /opt/zimbra/libexec/get_plat_tag.sh return?

Debian3.1

I changed /etc/debian_version to testing/unstable.
    Upgrading is now proceeding.

Mike

Okay, further info on the Ubuntu upgrade.

The upgrade completed but I was unable to log in as a user on via the Admin panel.

zimbra.log shows:

2006-09-26 16:08:39,843 ERROR [main] [] Versions - DB Version Mismatch: ours="27" from
    DB="26"
    2006-09-26 16:08:39,845 FATAL [main] [] soap - Unable to start servlet
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Data version mismatch. Reinitialize or upgrade the backend data store.

I had backed up my zimbra directory (of course) so I restored my machine to pre-Ubuntu-upgrade status. I did not see any error messages when I upgraded.

Mike

in general you should be able to run zmsetup.pl again and it should take care of the upgrade.

With that said though its possible your /opt/zimbra/.install_history is whacked with various failed upgrade attempts, not to mention you installed the debian package and then upgraded with the ubuntu package.

I would take a look at /tmp/zmsetup.log. from the last install to see if there was any specific schema upgrade errors before rerunning zmsetup.pl

Hi,

I had problems with the same symptom. I am using Debiam etch.
    The installer is badly broken for etch.
    What I ended up doing was following the instructions below and at the end I rsynced it from the chroot to /opt and it is working OK now.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...ht-zimbra.html

More on the hacked-debian-ubuntu to ubuntu upgrade:

It is working!

I have ubuntu-dapper installed. When I first installed Zimbra, I followed the wiki to modify the debian tar ball for ubuntu installation. It worked just fine. The changes worked out to be:
    1) different versions/names for libgmp (libgmp3 vs libgmp3c2)
    2) changed the preinstall package requirements to reflect #1 above
    3) changing the file /etc/debian_version (testing/unstable 3.1 vs testing/unstable)

Those were the only changes so that debian tar ball would install on ubuntu.

I moved my exsisting zcs directory out of the way and copied my exsisting zimbra directory to zimbra.backup.

I downloaded the latest DEBIAN tar ball zcs-4.0.2_GA_362.DEBIAN3.1, extracted and upgraded. During upgrade, I noticed that the db was upgraded from version "26" to "27".

I rebooted and tested Zimbra... everything appears to work.

I downloaded the new Ubuntu-Foss tar ball zcs-4.0.2_GA_362.UBUNUTU, extracted and upgraded. There was a complaint about unknown command of rpm line 336 in util/utilfunc.sh... otherwise the install continued without any errors noted.

I rebooted and tested Zimbra... everything appears to work.

Well, there was a minor problem with documents (unidentifed attributes). I reentered passwords in the Zimbra Admin panel (wiki@my-server) and that problem disappeared.

So, I am hoping that when the next Ubuntu version comes out, that I can use the Ubuntu version without having to first install the debian version and then the Ubuntu version.

Mike