Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade from 6.0.10 to 7 beta4

Default Upgrade from 6.0.10 to 7 beta4

Dear all,

One week ago I updated zimbra 6.0.10 to 7 beta4 file http://files2.zimbra.com/downloads/7...0127185715.tgz

All the installation process run without any error and zimbra has worked like a charm.

This evening I have received an email from the sytem:

Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=s012xs1xFEmhsIBsG6X4zTlFXX
    mboxgroup1.appointment
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `appointment`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.data_source_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `data_source_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.imap_folder
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `imap_folder`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.mail_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mail_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.pop3_message
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `pop3_message`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.appointment
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `appointment`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.data_source_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `data_source_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.imap_folder
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `imap_folder`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.mail_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mail_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.pop3_message
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `pop3_message`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup11.appointment
    mboxgroup11.data_source_item
    mboxgroup11.imap_folder
    mboxgroup11.mail_item
    mboxgroup11.pop3_message
    mboxgroup12.appointment
    mboxgroup12.data_source_item
    mboxgroup12.imap_folder
    mboxgroup12.mail_item
    mboxgroup12.pop3_message
    mboxgroup13.appointment
    mboxgroup13.data_source_item
    mboxgroup13.imap_folder
    mboxgroup13.mail_item
    mboxgroup13.pop3_message
    mboxgroup2.appointment
    mboxgroup2.data_source_item
    mboxgroup2.imap_folder
    mboxgroup2.mail_item
    mboxgroup2.pop3_message
    mboxgroup3.appointment
    mboxgroup3.data_source_item
    mboxgroup3.imap_folder
    mboxgroup3.mail_item
    mboxgroup3.pop3_message
    mboxgroup4.appointment
    mboxgroup4.data_source_item
    mboxgroup4.imap_folder
    mboxgroup4.mail_item
    mboxgroup4.pop3_message
    mboxgroup5.appointment
    mboxgroup5.data_source_item
    mboxgroup5.imap_folder
    mboxgroup5.mail_item
    mboxgroup5.pop3_message
    mboxgroup6.appointment
    mboxgroup6.data_source_item
    mboxgroup6.imap_folder
    mboxgroup6.mail_item
    mboxgroup6.pop3_message
    mboxgroup7.appointment
    mboxgroup7.data_source_item
    mboxgroup7.imap_folder
    mboxgroup7.mail_item
    mboxgroup7.pop3_message
    mboxgroup8.appointment
    mboxgroup8.data_source_item
    mboxgroup8.imap_folder
    mboxgroup8.mail_item
    mboxgroup8.pop3_message
    mboxgroup9.appointment
    mboxgroup9.data_source_item
    mboxgroup9.imap_folder
    mboxgroup9.mail_item
    mboxgroup9.pop3_message
    mysql.general_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
    mysql.slow_log
    zimbra.config
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `config`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.deleted_account
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `deleted_account`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.mailbox
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mailbox`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.mailbox_metadata
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mailbox_metadata`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.mobile_devices
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mobile_devices`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.out_of_office
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `out_of_office`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.scheduled_task
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `scheduled_task`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.table_maintenance
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `table_maintenance`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    zimbra.volume
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `volume`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    What I can do? I am loosing my data?

Note my system is Fedora 13 64 bit

Thank you for your help

Alex

I got the same mail today after upgrading to 7.0 last week!

My system is Debian 5 32-Bit

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald-Kolle View Post
    I got the same mail today after upgrading to 7.0 last week!
    Read the Release Notes and run the update script.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by alex70 View Post
    One week ago I updated zimbra 6.0.10 to 7 beta4 file http://files2.zimbra.com/downloads/7...0127185715.tgz
    Why did you update to a beta when Zimbra 7 GA was released last week?
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Why did you update to a beta when Zimbra 7 GA was released last week?
    Becouse my OS is Fedora 13 64 bit and officialy there is not the packet for Fedora yet. As with the previous release (6.0.10 for Fedora11 overided for Fedora13) I always had many problem related to java and high cpu consuming, it was urgent for me to upgrade.

Do you think it was better to install zimbra 7 GA build for for Fedora 11 and still override the OS.

You are right I missed to run the script /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate20100913-Mysql51.pl as suggested. I have just run and after zmdbintegrityreport:

[root@server1 ~]# /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmdbintegrityreport
    Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=????????????????????
    zTlFXX
    mysql.general_log
    mysql.slow_log
    [root@server1 ~]#
    But I think to have found the answer in this tread 47108. So we need just to wait for a fix.

The are something else I should do right know?

thank you for your precious help.

Alex
    Last edited by alex70; 02-14-2011 at 03:59 AM.

May be try to use another linux?.
    Try Oracle Enterprise LInux https://edelivery.oracle.com/linux. It's RHEL5 twins, and more stable than fedora. Two years, seven zimbra servers and no problem related to java and anything else.

Mavlenko... Thank you for your suggest. I have just read some description of Oracle Distro and seems also to be quicker. I will keep your suggest for the future but now unfortunately I have no time to upgrade to a new server.

Anyway thanks again

Alex
    Last edited by alex70; 02-14-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Mavlenko... Thank you for your suggest. I have just read some description of Oracle Distro and seems also to be quicker. I will keep your suggest for the future but now unfortunately I have no time to upgrade to a new server.
    You don't get updates with Oracle Linux unless you pay for access to their update service, if you want a free distribution then use CentOS - it's a binary compatible rebuild of RHEL and used by many forum users.
    Regards

Bill

But I think to have found the answer in this tread 47108. So we need just to wait for a fix.

The are something else I should do right know?

thank you for your precious help.
    Those error messages are just warnings and can be ignored, you might be waiting a long time for the fix from MySQL (it's their bug not Zimbra) as that bug has been around since 2007.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Those error messages are just warnings and can be ignored, you might be waiting a long time for the fix from MySQL (it's their bug not Zimbra) as that bug has been around since 2007.
    Thank you Bill for your suggest regarding Oracle and Centos. CEntos was my previous distro but they are very slow in release upgrade.

By the way regarding Zimbra 7 what do you suggest to do:

1: keep the current beta release and wait for the one for Fedora 13
    2: install ZCS 7 GA for Fedora 11 overiding OS?

thnak you

Best Regards

Alex