Thread: Mysql update after 7.0 install

Default Mysql update after 7.0 install

From the release notes:
    After you completed the upgrade to 7.0, the following bullet items may need to be addressed.
    • MySQL table upgrade is required after upgrading to ZCS 7.0. MySQL table upgrades are not automatically run during the upgrade to 7.0 based on time that it takes this process to run. There are no known performance impacts of running in production without doing this MySQL table upgrade. Customers can avoid these errors in the zmdbintegrityreport output by executing /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate20100913-Mysql51.pl 

Can I run this while the server is running, or must Zimbra be offline during this update?

Quote Originally Posted by cpaul_carling View Post
    From the release notes:
    After you completed the upgrade to 7.0, the following bullet items may need to be addressed.
    • MySQL table upgrade is required after upgrading to ZCS 7.0. MySQL table upgrades are not automatically run during the upgrade to 7.0 based on time that it takes this process to run. There are no known performance impacts of running in production without doing this MySQL table upgrade. Customers can avoid these errors in the zmdbintegrityreport output by executing /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate20100913-Mysql51.pl 

Can I run this while the server is running, or must Zimbra be offline during this update?
    I ran mine right after I completed by upgrade. So at that time I dunno but I reboot after upgrades anyway so

Still not clear if this update can be run while the Zimbra services and running and users are logged on, or if it must be done with the Zimbra services offline.

Help!!

Just do it. To be safe, stop the server and then do it.
    So, as zimbra zmcontrol -shutdown
    As root run the mysql thing
    su zimbra and restart zimbra

You should then post and tell us if it worked.
    Don't be nervous. Go for it

Hi !

As far i'm concern, it has to be done with zimbra running:

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate20100913-Mysql51.pl 
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock' (2)
    Mon May  9 10:07:49 2011: Error while running '/opt/zimbra/bin/mysql --user=zimbra --password=AooAzsMby7Nc2vXrNUJAsluF8c --database=zimbra --batch --skip-column-names'.
    I'm doing it now with zimbra running

Cheers,

Bruno

Yes if you send a stop command to zmcontrol it will stop MySQL. You need MySQL running to do the database update. I did mine while everything was running and users were retrieving mail.

What happens as you go from 7 to 710

Must I run "zmmailboxdctl stop" before doing the database update? What happen when this service is stopped? What does this service do? Will my users still able to use Zimbra?

If not, I will have to schedule a maintenance to update the database. Anything serious if I do not update the database???