Thread: OSX OpenLdap

Unhappy OSX OpenLdap

Installed on an OSX Server, and it messed up the OSX Open Ldap, I assume it actually installed Zimbra-LDAP. I Know..... My BAD!
    So... How do I go about fixing it?

Any help Pleeze!!!
    just want to get it working with the OSX OPENLDAP, and not using it's own...

Cheers
    G

You won't (easily) be able to use OpenDirectory's ldap as a single ldap instance for both OSX and Zimbra. What you really want to do is install OSX Server with OpenDirectory, then install Zimbra with ldap on a port other then 389 (say 1389). You can then configure zimbra to authenticate to an external directory. (see wiki doc http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...Authentication)

You'll still need to provision users in both zimbra and OSX server but zimbra users will authenticate against their OSX server accounts.

Cool Kinda was hoping ....

Hi Brian

managed to get the entire osx issue sorted with the ldap i messed up, thank goodness for replica's....
    Anyhow, I see what you mean, and i would guess that it must be something to do with the fact that zimbra is extending the schema ?
    I should go and read the wiki....et al... before wasting anybody's time here.
    Thanks for the input.
    just hoped it would make it simpler to manage... problem being that we are looking at a million plus email accounts...and really do want a single signon, ldap based backed.
    In the event that we can do some testing, is it at all possible to extend the OSX Open LDAP schema to meet the requirements of Zimbra, so that I can have my valhalla for once....

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by brian
    You won't (easily) be able to use OpenDirectory's ldap as a single ldap instance for both OSX and Zimbra. What you really want to do is install OSX Server with OpenDirectory, then install Zimbra with ldap on a port other then 389 (say 1389). You can then configure zimbra to authenticate to an external directory. (see wiki doc http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...Authentication)

You'll still need to provision users in both zimbra and OSX server but zimbra users will authenticate against their OSX server accounts.

How do you change the default port for Zimbra to a different port ?

Thanks

option 3 from /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl

Code:
    Main menu

1) Hostname:                                hostname.example.com             
       2) Ldap master host:                       hostname.example.com             
       3) Ldap port:                               389                           
       4) Ldap password:                           set                           
       5) zimbra-ldap:                             Enabled                       
       6) zimbra-store:                            Enabled                       
            +Create Admin User:                    yes                           
            +Admin user to create:                 admin@hostname.example.com       
    ******* +Admin Password                        UNSET                         
            +Enable automated spam training:       yes                           
            +Spam training user:                   spam@hostname.example.com        
            +Non-spam(Ham) training user:          ham@hostname.example.com         
            +SMTP host:                            hostname.example.com             
            +Web server HTTP port:                 80                            
            +Web server HTTPS port:                443                           
            +Web server mode:                      http                          
            +Enable POP/IMAP proxy:                no                            
            +IMAP server port:                     143                           
            +IMAP server SSL port:                 993                           
            +POP server port:                      110                           
            +POP server SSL port:                  995                           
            +Use spell check server:               yes                           
            +Spell server URL:                     http://hostname.example.com:7780/aspell.php

7) zimbra-mta:                              Enabled                       
       8) zimbra-snmp:                             Enabled                       
       9) zimbra-logger:                           Enabled                       
      10) zimbra-spell:                            Enabled                       
      11) Enable default backup schedule:          yes                           
       r) Start servers after configuration        yes                           
       s) Save config to file                                                    
       x) Expand menu                                                            
       q) Quit
    Or via zmlocalconfig
    ldap_master_url = ldap://hostname.example.com:389
    ldap_port = 389
    ldap_url = ldap://hostname.example.com:389